Revlon Matte & Lacquer Balms | Flirtacious, Audacious & Elusive

Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms Review 5.jpg
Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms Review 4.jpg
Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms Review.jpg
Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms Review 7.jpg
Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms Review 2.jpg
Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms Review 3.jpg
Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms Review 9.jpg

Recently Revlon launched a new range of lip balms to add to their already popular 'Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains'. The two new ranges, lacquer balms and matte balms have different textures to the original balms (can I say balm one more time?) and different packaging. I've read lots of reviews about these recently, most of which have been very positive so whilst Boots is in the middle of a 3 for 2 offer, I couldn't resist picking some up. I bought 'Flirtacious' which is one of the lacquer balms and a gorgeous berry pink and two of the matte balms in the shades 'Audacious' and 'Elusive' - a bright coral and a dusky rose pink. All of them are absolutely beautiful and definitely my kind of shades! I love that the packaging represents the colour inside and the texture - glossy packaging for the lacquer balms and matte for the matte balms! The only thing that has remained the same is the crayon style applicator which I absolutely love - they're fool proof!

I have to say I'm not usually a fan of matte lip products so before I bought them, I was a bit hesitant about the matte versions incase they were drying which is one thing I absolutely hate about matte products. However, when I swatched them in Boots, I couldn't believe how creamy they were. Unlike other matte lip products I've used in the past, these balms feel exceptionally hydrating and creamy, despite their matte finish. They also don't cling to any dry patches and highlight imperfections which is a huge bonus! I think my favourite of the two shades I got would have to be 'Elusive' as its such a great every day 'my lips but better' kind of shade and I've been wearing that one the most. However, 'Audacious' is stunning too and I already know the vibrant coral shade is going to look amazing with a Summer tan! 

Flirtacious, the lacquer balm I picked up, is also very hydrating on the lips but I did expect that with this formula as it has a lovely high shine finish. I was slightly concerned when I first saw photos of the lacquer balms that they might be quite glittery but once again, when I swatched this in store I realised that they're just very glossy with a hint of sparkle and definitely not what I'd class as glittery. I really love the shade of this one too - I think this one will be perfect for a glam night out!

As you can see from my swatches above, these balms are very highly pigmented, especially the matte versions and I think that's a great quality about them. Just one swipe over my lips and I'm good to go. The lacquer balm requires a touch more effort to get an opaque finish due to its glossy formula but that isn't a big issue - its nice to have the option of leaving it slightly more sheer or building it up to an opaque coverage. They're also very long lasting too which is another bonus!

Overall, I really can't fault Revlon's latest offering! I'm very happy with all of them and I'd definitely recommend grabbing some while you can on the 3 for 2 offer! I might even have to treat myself to a few more from the range! You can find them at Boots here and here and they're priced at £7.99 each.

Have you tried the new Revlon lip balms? Are you more of a Lacquer or matte fan?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment