Monthly Favourites | March

March Monthly Favourites, Monthly Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blogger Favourites.jpg

Another month has come to an end (madness!) so that can only mean one thing - its monthly favourites time! I absolutely love writing these posts and reflecting on what I've really enjoyed using for the past few weeks! There's quite a nice little selection of makeup, skincare and haircare this month so grab yourselves a cuppa and keep reading. You know me, I'm a chatterbox!

March Monthly Favourites, Monthly Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blogger Favourites 2.jpg

Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray | Link
The beauty world has gone mad for texturising sprays in the last few months and it seems Oribe's Dry Texturising spray kick started the trend! Now although I'd love to try the Oribe spray after hearing all the hype surrounding it, its safe to say that spending £30+ on a hair spray is something I don't intend on doing, ever. There's expensive and then there's plain ridiculous - especially when there's so many cheaper copies around like this one from Charles Worthington. I've been really enjoying using it on the ends of my hair recently to add a bit of 'oomph' and texture. Its great for someone like me who is really lazy - I don't have time to straighten or curl my hair to perfection every morning so a few spritzes of this and I'm good to go! I'll be posting my full review of it soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!

March Monthly Favourites, Monthly Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blogger Favourites 15.jpg

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation | Link
I know, I know, I'm totally late on the bandwagon with this one. This Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation has been a blogger favourite for a couple of years now but I've only just got round to trying it. The reason for this is because I originally bought the 'Healthy Mix Serum' version and didn't get along with it at all. I realise the two are different but because I didn't like that one (the coverage was poop and it was too runny), I was always put off trying the original version. However, after admiring my cousin's skin recently and asking her what foundation she used, she told me it was healthy mix and after seeing how great it looked on her, I decided to give it another go! I'm so glad I did as let me tell you, I've been totally missing out. I won't say too much as I plan to do an in-depth post about my favourite drugstore foundations soon but what I will say is I'm really impressed with the coverage, consistency and longevity of this foundation. It definitely lives up to its name and makes my skin look really healthy - I love it!

March Monthly Favourites, Monthly Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blogger Favourites 3.jpg

Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist* | Link
Jurlique is a brand I've only just been introducted to but I'm absolutely loving it. Everything from their amazing packaging (how cute is this glass bottle?) to their natural ingredients is spot on. I've been using the Rosewater Balancing Mist after cleansing or when my skin needs refreshing and its just lovely. I'm not usually a fan of rose scented products but this one isn't too overpowering and it works wonders at perking up my complexion and giving me some radiance.

March Monthly Favourites, Monthly Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blogger Favourites 13.jpg

Bourjois Beauty'full Volume Dark Khol mascara* | Link
When I first tried this mascara, I wan't convinced by it at all. I was slightly confused by the odd brush - as you can see from my photos, its quite an unusual shape. I also didn't think it did much in terms of thickening my lashes which is something I always look for in a mascara. However, since persevering with it and now its dried up a touch (I always prefer mascara when they've dried up a little), I think its fab. Although the ususual brush can be difficult to get to grips with at first, its actually really good for getting all of those little lashes you can't usually get with a standard brush. I also find it really great for my lower lashes as I can use the tip of the brush to seperate and define them. I wouldn't say this is my favourite mascara of all time but its definitely the one I've been using most this month and for that reason it deserves a mention!

March Monthly Favourites, Monthly Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blogger Favourites 4.jpg

Revlon Matte Balm | Elusive | Link
I recently bought a few of Revlon's new matte and lacquer balms and I've been wearing the shade Elusive, a pretty dusky pink, none stop since I bought it. What I love about this shade is that its a very wearable 'my lips but better' kind of shade. It looks great during the day with a simple eye and I can imagine it looking great in the evening too with a heavier eye look. I also love that although its a matte formula, its really hydrating and creamy - something I've never come across in a matte lip product before!

March Monthly Favourites, Monthly Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blogger Favourites 5.jpg

NUXE Reve De Miel Lip Balm* | Link
Another blogger favourite that I'm late on the bandwagon with is the NUXE Reve de Miel lip balm. Regarded as a holy grail lip product by many, its something I'd always wanted to try but never got round to. However, I was kindly sent it from Escentual recently, along with some other French goodies and I've been using it every day since. It has a very thick consistency so it might not be to everyone's taste but I personally love it as it hydrates my lips like nothing else! I also love that it has a matte finish as its great for popping on before my lipstick. It also smells like honey - divine! 

March Monthly Favourites, Monthly Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blogger Favourites 12.png

Rihanna 'Rogue' Perfume* | Link
Okay so I'm totally rubbish at describing perfumes - how on earth do people describe a scent in detail? For me, it either smells good or it doesn't. This Rihanna perfume is definitely on my 'smells good' list and I've been reaching for it every single day. If I were to try and summarise the scent I'd say its very sensual and sexy - not that I'd expect anything less from Rihanna! Its definitely a great evening scent as its quite strong and it has the perfect mix of sweet and musky notes. Its definitely one worth sniffing - I love it!


Have you tried any of these products? What have you been loving lately?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment