New In | Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks

Boujoirs Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks Review 5.jpg
Boujoirs Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks Review.jpg
Boujoirs Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks Review 3.jpg
Boujoirs Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks Review 2.jpg
Boujoirs Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks Review 6.jpg

Bourjois have done it again - they've launched another product that is bloomin amazing! Seriously, can this brand do no wrong? They're definitely the best of the best when it comes to highstreet makeup brands and its not hard to see why judging by their latest launch, Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks*. Since this selection of bold and bright lip products arrived with me, I've not had them off my lips. Seriously, I've worn one of these every single day - that's how much I love them.


Firstly, can we just appreciate how amazing these shades are? There's a selection of 8 shades available in the new collection ranging from nude to bold and bright and I was sent four of the brighter shades and as a girl who loves a bright lip, they're right up my street. I received Hot Pepper which is a vibrant orange toned red, Frambourjoise which is a deep rose pink, Peach Club which as the name suggests is a lovely peach and Pink Pong which is my personal favourite - a bright Fucshia. 


As well as the fabulous shades and names, these lipsticks are amazingly pigmented, last all day and don't dry out my lips. Now some of you might be wondering why they're called lipsticks when they're applied like a lipgloss or stain with a doe foot applicator. Well, I was confused by this too but since using them, I can see why they're nothing like a gloss or a stain. They're infact a liquid lipstick, very much like Rimmel's Apocalips - but better. The reason they're better is due to their lovely velvet formula and finish. They glide onto my lips as smooth as butter and can be built up as much as I like depending on the look I'm going for. I find I need two coats for them to look completely opaque but I'm fine with that as once they're on, they don't budge. The finished result is bold lips with a matte finish that still feels comfortable to wear. I'm not usually a fan of any matte lip products but these ones are definitely an exception.


You may also be wondering why they look quite glossy in the above photos and that's because I took the photo just after swatching them. They do infact dry matte on the lips after a minute of two but again, they're definitely not too matte to the point they look dry or powdery.  They actually feel pretty moisturising which is unusual for a matte product!

Overall, I don't have a bad word to say about this new launch from Bourjois. I've already worn them more times than I can count and I'll continue to until every last drop of them has gone. Pink Pong has been my go to 'night out' lip product recently (I'm wearing it in my blog profile picture) and I've had endless compliments about the shade - its a real show stopper! Priced at £8.99 and available on the highstreet, these are a must-have!

Do you like the look of Bourjois new lip product? Which is your favourite shade?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment