Monthly Favourites | April

April beauty favourites 2.jpg.jpg

Another month and another monthly favourites post! I can't quite believe its May already - where is this year going? I know everyone says it but seriously, it only feels like yesterday it was Christmas and now its almost Summer. I haven't had the best time recently - I've been ill and my anxiety has been through the roof so I'm glad April is over so I can focus on feeling better this month. I had my consultation with a hypnotherapist today and I'm feeling really positive about that so fingers crossed it works well for me. Let me know if you've ever had it done or know someone who has! I've also got lots to look forward to at the moment - a holiday to Portugal, my birthday and my dad coming over to the UK from Australia. I'm so excited to see him! I've been doing lots of Summer shopping recently too (see my instagram @kayleighjcouture for the evidence) so expect a few hauls coming your way soon! Anyway, for now, here's the products I've been loving recently ...

Monthly Beauty Favourites, April Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blog Favourites.jpg

Liz Earle Natural Glow Bronzer* | Link
I've been loving this bronzer this month as it adds a beautiful radiance to my skin. I've been using it in combination with my favourite NARS Laguna (NARS to contour and this dusted all over) and it makes the perfect bronzing combo. I like how it has four different bronze shades as they can be used individually or swirled together to create a multi toned glow. I love that it also doubles up as a highlighter as well as giving my skin a sunkissed look. I imagine this will be getting lots of use throughout the Summer months!

Monthly Beauty Favourites, April Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blog Favourites 2.jpg

Benefit Big Easy* | Link
I've reviewed this product in full here so I won't ramble on about it too much but what I will say is that this product it absolutely perfect for day to day wear as it looks very natural but provides decent coverage a helps to control shine. Don't let the liquid to powder formula put you off as it isn't cakey or too powdery at all. I find this product  is very subtle and undetectable on the skin but still makes it smoother and more radiant. 

Monthly Beauty Favourites, April Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blog Favourites 7.jpg

Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm* | Link
I've been using this cleansing balm for the past few weeks now and I'm utterly in love with it. New favourite skincare product alert! I'm going to do a full review of this soon so I'm not going to say too much now other than its absolutely beautiful. The balm texture turns into an oil on contact with the skin and it melts away all my makeup, including heavy liner and mascara, in a matter of seconds. I've been using it in the evenings to remove my daily face and it works an absolute treat. I also love the scent - I feel like I'm having a mini salon facial every time I use it. Keep an eye out for my full review on this.

Monthly Beauty Favourites, April Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blog Favourites 6.jpg

La Roche Posay Effeclar Duo +* | Link
Another skincare product I've been loving recently is the La Roche Posay Effeclar Duo +. I'd heard so much about this product before I tried it but I never really understood what it was for or how to use it but after a little bit of research I discovered that this product is designed to be used as a daily moisturiser but also as a treatment as well. Its actually designed to help with blemishes and imperfections so it isn't something I'd use all the time but when my skin was having a recent breakout, this product worked a treat at getting my skin back to normal. I also love using this in the mornings as its nice and light for wearing underneath makeup!

Monthly Beauty Favourites, April Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blog Favourites 5.jpg

Bourjois Rouge Velvet Lipstick* | Link
I've already reviewed these new Bourjois lipsticks here but let me just tell you again how amazing they are. A lipstick that's applied as a liquid and dried to a matte but comfortable finish. The pigmentation is absolutely amazing and they have brilliant staying power too. They can be worn on their own matte or topped with a favourite lipgloss to add a bit of shine! I'm totally impressed - they're definitely my new favourite lip product and I haven't felt the need to use anything else since I got my mitts on them. 

Monthly Beauty Favourites, April Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blog Favourites 3.jpg

No 7 Instant Radiance Highlighter* | Link
I'm going to do a full review on this product soon as I absolutely love it and have barely used any other highlighter since I bought it. Unlike traditional powder highlighters that are applied with a brush - this No.7 Instant Radiance highlighter is packaged in a twist-up stick form and can be applied directly onto the skin wherever needed and blended in with fingers. I've been applying it to the tops of my cheekbones and down the centre of my nose and it works a treat at making my skin look glowing and healthy. The shade is perfect for my skin tone too - a champagne with hints of pink and silver. I find it very easy to blend, it doesn't interfere with my foundation/powder and it looks very natural too. It doesn't contain any glitter and instead the finish is a lovely sheen.

Monthly Beauty Favourites, April Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blog Favourites 8.jpg

Yves Rocher Volume Vertige Mascara* | Link
Okay so I'm utterly rubbish at describing mascaras but this one has definitely been my favourite lately. It has a fat plastic wand and provides my lashes with tonnes of volume. Its super black and makes my lashes looks 10x longer and thicker without being clumpy or flaky. I absolutely love the silver packaging too - so sleek and sophisticated!

Monthly Beauty Favourites, April Beauty Favourites, Beauty Blog Favourites 4.jpg

Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning* | Link
Summer is creeping up on us very quickly and that means its nearly time to bare some flesh and wear the Summer clothes that have been sat unloved in our wardrobes for the past six months. Now before I even think about bringing out my Summer wardrobe, one thing I desperately need is a tan. I'm a total casper naturally and without a bit of fake tan or a natural holiday glow, I risk looking a bit drained and wishy washy. However, fear not as the Clarins Liquid Bronze is my best friend at this time of year. Before I discovered this product I really struggled to tan my face, neck and chest area without it going streaky, too orange or noticeably fake looking. However, this clever white lotion has solved all my tanning mishaps and allowed me to have tanned skin that looks natural and glowing - its like a holiday tan in a bottle. I apply it to my skin morning and night when I want to give myself a bit of a tan and within a couple of days its given me a lovely sunkissed glow. I can't rave about it enough!

Which products have you been loving this month? Have you tried any of these products?

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment