Lipgloss & Lashes Guest Post: Say Goodbye to Shine

Hello Beauties! I'm Becky from Lipgloss & Lashes and the lovely Kayleigh has given me this amazing opportunity to guest post on her blog. It really is an honour to be able to post on Couture Girl as it was the first blog I ever read and the one blog that really inspired me to start my own. Today I thought I'd let you all know what my favourite products to combat shine are. 

I've always had to deal with shine, and during the Summer months I tend to suffer from make up meltdown a lot more than I would during winter. If you suffer from oily skin or a shiny face, you really do need to start with your skincare. If you tackle the problem with your skincare, your mattifying make up won't have to work so hard - meaning your make up will last a lot longer. One of my favourite cleansers for oily skin is the Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser With Tamarind. This really works to deep clean your skin and helps to reduce the amount of oil that your skin produces, without drying out your skin. Another product which is amazing for oily skinned girls is the REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask. This mask really helps to reduce the appearance of pores and control the amount of oil that your skin produces. I love using this once a week and find that it helps to keep my skin clear and under control. I'm already on my second tube of this, which is rare for me as I'm usually tempted to try new things instead of repurchasing the same products.

Of course, skin care will only take you so far. A good base is also key in preventing shine. Recently when I was wondering the isles of Boots I decided to purchase the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer and I'm so glad I did. This little tube helps to keep my make up in place and shine free for a good few hours longer than it would have without it. It has a thin, light consistency which I really like as it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and it instantly mattifies your face without drying out your skin. Another product which created the perfect matte base, is the MAC Studio Fix Foundation. This is a full coverage, matte finish foundation that I find stays in place for hours longer than others I've tried. What I also love about this foundation is that the shade range is so varied. Being so pale, I often find it hard to find foundations that perfectly match my skin tone and colour, but MAC have it covered with their extensive shade range. To finish off, I like to use my all time favourite powder, MAC Studio Fix Powder. I'm on my 5th or 6th one of these, which really shows I have a deep love for this product. It instantly mattifies your skin and blurs any imperfections, as it also offers a little bit of coverage. I've just ran out of this again, and it's fair to say I'm struggling without it as I can't find anything that compares. 

If you know of any other amazing products which help keep shine at bay, I'd love to know as I'm always on the look out for new products to test out! And once again, thank you Kayleigh for letting me guest post! 

Lots of Love, 

Becky x


No comments:

Post a Comment