Chemist Direct Beauty Bits

I was recently contacted by Chemist Direct, a fab website that stocks a range of beauty, hair, skincare and fragrance products all at discounted prices. They asked me if I'd like to choose a few bits and bobs to try so I had a look through their website and with great difficulty picked three products that I liked the sound/look of. I've been trying them all for a little while now so here's my initial thoughts ...

Garnier 5 Second Perfect Blur | Link
As a fan of products that smooth and prep the skin before foundation application (such as Benefit's Porefessional or the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm), I was very intrigued to see how this Garnier '5 second blur' that claims to visibly blur the appearance of shine, fine lines, wrinkles and pores would live up to its claims. I've only used it a couple of times but I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. For a drugstore price, it isn't too dissimilair to Benefit's Porefessional and it definitely smooths out imperfections and leaves my skin perfectly prepped for makeup. It also helps my makeup last longer and control shine! I'll probably do a full review on this soon but so far, so good!

Bare Minerals Summer Bisque Multi Tasker | Link
Every time I watch the QVC beauty channel (its my guilty pleasure and many hours have been spent watching it), I always hear them talking about how fabulous Bare Minerals is. I mean I know its their job to flog the products to viewers but I was actually quite impressed with the before and afters on the models and particuarly liked the sound of their concealer. I'd never think to use powder as a concealer so I was curious to see how it'd stand up to my usual liquid concealers. On first impressions, I'm in two minds. Firstly I think the shade Summer Bisque is slightly too pale for my skin tone and secondly, it feels odd using a powder under my eyes. However, I've been impressed with its brightening effect and the pigmentation is better than I expected. Apparently this can be used as an eyeshadow primer too so I think I need to play around with it a bit more before making my final judgement!

Essie Sand Tropez Nail Polish | Link
I'm a big fan of neutral shades on my nails so this Essie polish in the shade 'Sand Tropez' is right up my street. I've not tried many Essie polishes in the past purely beacuse I find them a little too expensive and I don't paint my nails enough to warrant the cost. However, I know everyone loves them so I thought this was a good opportunity to give one a try. I have to say, on first impressions, I'm not particuarly blown away. I prefer my nail polishes to have a wide brush for easy application but this one has a fairly thin brush and I find it quite fiddly.

Have you tried any of these products? Make sure you head over to Chemist Direct - they've got lots of bargains on offer!

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment