Get the Glow | Benefit Watt's Up Soft Focus Highlighter

Benefit Watt's Up, Benefit Watt's Up Soft Focus Highlighter, Benefit Cream Highlighter,

I'm sure you've heard me say it before but I'll say it again - I'm a total sucker for highlighting products. My obsession with them is getting pretty close to my love of lipsticks and whenever I'm pursuing makeup counters, my eyes are always drawn to the shimmery champagne highlighters that promise to brighten the complexion and add a much coveted glow to the skin. Other than being beaufiul to look at, I don't feel like my makeup is complete without a slick of highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones and down the centre of my nose. It gives my overall look a more flawless finish and helps me to achieve that Millie Macintosh style glow that we all know and love.

A highlighter I can't get enough of at the moment is Benefit's 'Watt's Up' - a cream champagne toned highlighter that comes in a twist up stick form. I've always used powder or liquid highlighting products in the past so the cream formula of Watt's Up is unlike anything I've ever before but I may just be converted - its perfect! Firstly, I have to comment on the packaging. As with all Benefit products, the packaging is spot on and the shiny lilac tube is just so pretty. I love that its designed to look like a lightbulb too with a witty name to match - I can see why they've gone down that road as this product really does add light and radiance to the skin. The only part of the packaging that I don't like is the spong blender on the opposite end to the product itself. I attempted to use it to blend the product in and found it totally useless. It doesn't make me like the product any less because I prefer to blend cream product with my fingers or a stippling brush anyway but its worth noting that if you buy this product, don't expect great things from the sponge!

Benefit Watt's Up Review, Benefit Cream Highlighter, Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter Review 2.jpgBenefit Watt's Up, Benefit Watt's Up Soft Focus Highlighter, Benefit Cream Highlighter,

As well as looking pretty, the product itself is brilliant! At first I was slightly concerned by the cream formula as I often find cream products look patchy and rub off the foundation and powder applied underneath but luckily, I haven’t had this issue at all with this product. The consistency of the product is very creamy so it glides onto the skin with ease and blends in effortlessly. The pigmentation is excellent too so I only need to lightly swipe the stick across the top of each cheek to get the desired effect. I absoloutely love the champange shade and metallic finish too as it gives my skin that beautiful 'lit from within' candlelight glow without looking too false or glittery.  I'd say its the perfect highlighter if you're looking for something that will make you look healthy, glowing and radiant - I've even been using it on my collarbones and down the fronts of my legs as I just love the effect it gives my skin.

Benefit Watt's Up, Benefit Watt's Up Soft Focus Highlighter, Benefit Cream Highlighter, Overall, another great product from Benefit and one I'd recommend anyone to try if you like wearing highlighter or your looking for a product to brighten the whole complexion and add some radiance to the skin. Its available to buy from various online retailers such as ASOS, Feel Unique, Boots, Debnhams and Look Fantastic.

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment