Monthly Favourites | July



The past month has been completely hectic for me as my dad was here visiting from Australia and I've spent the past four weeks travelling all over the UK to spend time with him. That's meant living out of suitcases for a good few weeks and sticking to the same products week in week out (due to the fact I was lazy and couldn't be bothered switching things up in my makeup and wash bags between trips). That also means I don't have a massive amount of favourites this month - I feel like I haven't had much chance to try new products but there are a few gems I've discovered as well as some regular favourites...

As you can see from the selection above, I haven't been trying out many new skin or hair care products recently but I have been trying a couple of new beauty products and rekindling my love for some old favourites. Two new products I've been loving are the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette which my lovely boyfriend bought for me for my birthday and the Revlon Photoready foundation which I bought on a recent trip to Boots. The eyeshadow palette has been my go-to for a good few weeks now as its just perfect for creating a natural eye look. I love that it has a mixture of matte and shimmery shades and I've been using it for both day and evening looks so its very versatile. Its also really cool that each row represents a different look (day, classic and fashion) and although I prefer to mix and match, this is a really nice idea, especially if you're new to makeup. I'll be reviewing this in full soon with swatches so keep your eyes peeled!

Revlon foundations have always been on my 'must try' list so when I was recently sent a Boots voucher, I immediately headed for the Revlon counter. I originally wanted to get the Colorstay foundation as its a blogger favourite but unfortunately they didn't have my shade. However, I was clearly meant to get the Photoready version instead as I've been really enjoying using it - its quite lightweight but has good coverage and makes my skin look really radiant. Again, keep your eyes peeled for a full review.

A few products I've owned for a while now but am still loving are the Benefit Watt's Up highlighter, the Urban Decay 24 hour eye liner in the shade 'Zero', Tanya Burr's lipgloss in 'Picnic in the Park' and a super old favourite Revlon lip butter in the shade 'Lollipop'. The Benefit highlighter is one of my more recent discoveries but I've been using it almost every day for the past couple of months to add dewy glow to my skin - you can read my full review here which explains why I love it so much! The Urban Decay eyeliner has been my go-to liner for the past couple of weeks after losing my MAC Smolder pencil and I'm impressed by it - I wouldn't say it beats MAC to the top spot but its definitely a close second and I haven't felt the need to rush out and repurchase my Smolder pencil just yet. My favourite lip combo over the past month would have to be my favourite Revlon lip butter 'Lollipop' which I'd consider one of my all time favourite lip products due to the beautiful berry pink shade and creamy formula paired with Tanya Burr's lipgloss in 'Picnic in the Park'. I love that Tanya's lip glosses aren't at all sticky and this soft pink shade is really flattering and can be worn over other lip products or on its own.

Although I haven't been delving into any new skin or hair care products recently, one thing I have switched up is my fragrance. My dad bought me the L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Eau de toilette from duty free on his way here and I'm absolutely in love with it. I love anything cherry scented so this perfume is my perfect scent - its sweet without being sickly, fresh and very feminine. I also love the sleek glass bottle! As well as the fragrance I've also been loving the matching cherry blossom shower gel and hand cream - using all three products together ensures the cherry fragrance sticks around even longer!


Have you tried any of these products? Let me know what you've been loving lately in the comments below!

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment