YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation Review

Foundation is one of those products that I really struggle with. I don't know if I'm just particuarly fussy or if I've just never found my 'holy grail' base. I've tried my fair share as well - a mixture of high street and high end. Now don't get me wrong - there's some foundations out there that I LOVE (NARS Sheer glow/Bourjois healthy mix) but even then, I've never applied something to my skin and thought 'wow, this is flawless'. Maybe my expectations are too high or perhaps I haven't found the perfect accompanying concealers and powders. 

Anyway, rant aside, the latest foundation I've been testing out is the YSL le teint touche eclat*. This stuff gets a LOT of praise on blogs and youtube so I had pretty high expectations. Other than it being from a luxury brand and having beautiful packaging,  I own and love the touche eclat highlighting pen so figured I would love this just as much. However, I have to say, I'm in two minds about it.

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation Review 3
YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation Review 2
I find it really difficult to review foundations as I'm never entierly sure what it is I do and don't like about them - to me they either look good or they don't, I can never really weigh up what exactly it is that makes one look good and another look bad. However, with this one, there's a couple of things I love about it and a couple of things I'm not so keen on. Firstly, I LOVE the packaging - its in a very sturdy glass bottle with a signature YSL gold lid and most importantly, it has a pump - we all know how important a pump is! I also love its fruity scent and the shade range is pretty impressive too so there should be one to match all skin tones. My shade is 'B40 Beige' which is a perfect match and is quite yellow toned which works well at brightening my complexion and cancelling out any redness. 

As for the formula, this is where I'm a little unsure. It applies to my skin like a dream, doesn't cling to dry patchs and has a lovely medium buildable coverage. However, I think it may be a little too dewy for my liking. I know, who'd have thought I'd be turning my nose up at dewy skin. The reason I think it may be too dewy is because after I've applied it, it requires a lot of powder or I'm bordering on the greasy/sweaty look - not ideal. After I've powdered, the shine is under control but I'm then left with a fairly matte looking complexion which isn't what this foundation is intended for. The staying power is surprisingly good considering it has such a dewy formula and I find it actually looks better throughout the day as the glow of the foundation starts to show through the powder.



Overall I think this is a lovely foundation but perhaps more suited for people with dry skin than those like me with an oily t-zone as it can make me look even oiler. I love the formula/colour and coverage it provides, I just wish it was a little more middle of the road on the dewy front. I'll still continue to use it with a powder but I don't think I'd repurchase - for £30, I'd want it to be near perfect. The hunt for my holy grail foundation continues!

Have you tried this foundation? What do you think?


Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment