A Night with Garnier & The Saturdays

Last Sunday wasn't my usual Sunday at home slouched on the sofa in my pyjamas dreading Monday morning. Oh no, it was way more exciting. Garnier Ultimate blends is currently sponsoring The Saturdays Greatest Hits tour so when they contacted me to see if I'd be interested in going to see the show, I jumped at the chance. I've been a big fan of The Saturdays for years - all of their songs are super catchy and I think they're all stunning girls. Not to mention Mollie King is my ultimate style icon! 

Garnier told me I could take a plus one to the show with me and I knew straight away I had to ask my fifteen year old sister Jessica to come along - she's a big fan of the group too and I thought it'd be nice to treat her. Blogging gives me some really amazing opportunities so its nice to be able to share them whenever I can with my nearest and dearest.

We arrived at the O2 Apollo in Manchester around 7pm (after getting stuck in the worst traffic ever) and were greeted by Kate who took us back stage and offered us lots of drinks and nibbles - lovely! We then had our hair curled by one of Garnier's stylists (check out the photos below) and we both loved the finished results. They used a large barrel curler to create big bouncy curls and I now need to get my hands on one so I can recreate the look at home!

After we'd had our hair styled The Saturdays came to see us for a photo opportunity which was such a nice surprise - Garnier hadn't told me we'd get the chance to meet them but I'd seen that a few other bloggers had at their other shows so I was secretly hoping we would get the chance for a photo! When they arrived in the room, I couldn't stop looking at them - they're the most beautiful group of girls I've ever laid my eyes on. Seriously, they're flawless - each and every one of them! A few of you tweeted me the name of their makeup artist after I was saying how flawless they looked on Twitter and all I can say is she's a genius! I've never seen such perfect makeup in my whole life! They were all really friendly too - more than happy to post for photos and they thought Jess was cute - she was so nervous to meet them, bless her!


Huge thanks to the lovely Suzy for letting me use these two photos from the show. Mine were such bad quality!

The show itself was absolutely amazing - I'd totally forgotten how many great songs The Saturdays have had - they're all so catchy and everyone  was up on their feet dancing and singing along! I still can't believe they've only had one number one! The production was brilliant too - the girls wore a stunning array of sparkly outfits (the gold ones were my fave) and the choreography was on point! They even had a bunch of butch dancers parading around the stage half naked - what more could we have asked for?

I also spotted Frankie's husband Wayne Bridge when I went to get a drink from the bar. He looked as though he was thoroughly enjoying himself and I thought it was so cute to see him there supporting his wife! Aw!

Overall we have an absolutely brilliant night and I can't thank Garnier enough for giving us the opportunity! Blogging can be hard work sometimes, especially with a full time job but getting the chance to do cool things like this makes all the hard work worth it! Don't forget to check out the new Garnier Ultimate Blends range too - I've tried a few of the products now and they're fantastic!

Are you a fan of The Saturdays? Who is your favourite?

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment