The Benefit Balms

When Benefit announced they were launching a range of lip balms to accompany their iconic lip and cheek tints, I couldn't have been more excited. Firstly, look at that packaging. Its a beauty lovers dream - colourful, shiny and cute! I'm also a big lip balm fan - I love wearing them for work or whenever I want to keep my makeup understated. As much as I love a bold lip, sometimes a touch of lip balm is all that's required!

The Benefit balms* are sheer lip balms with a wash of colour and each one matches up with one of Benefits famous lip and cheek tints. The range includes a red toned BeneBalm, soft pink Posiebalm (my fave!), lilac Lollibalm and orange toned Chachabalm. They were designed to be worn over the corresponding lip and cheek tint to prevent dryness and add some shine or worn alone for a light wash of colour!

Benefit Lip Balms Review, Lolli Balm, Posie Balm, Cha Cha Balm and Bene Balm 2Benefit Lip Balms Review, Lolli Balm, Posie Balm, Cha Cha Balm and Bene Balm 3

I must admitt, the packaging alone drew me into these lip balms but they're actually a lovely product too. They aren't very pigmented so if that's what you're looking for, these probably won't be for you. However, the formula contains  mango butter and sodium hyaluronate meaning they condition and hydrate the lips well while also providing a subtle touch of colour. As you can see from my swatches, they are sheer but the colour does transfer to the lip and each one looks different when applied. I actually like the fact they're not super pigmented as it means I can slick them on and not have to worry too much about it looking perfect - they make a great handbag companion. They're also great for wearing underneath or on top of more drying lipsticks to help keep the lips moisturised.

In terms of price, as with all Benefit products, these aren't cheap. They're £14.50 each which some of you may think is too expensive for a lip balm but I guess it depends if you want to use a tub of vaseline to hydrate your lips or something more visually appealing that also provides a hint of colour. Personally, I think they're worth the money - they're simply stunning to look at and they're a great lip balm that I'll get a lot of use out of them all. I don't think its essential to own all of them so if you already own one of the tints, why not grab yourself the matching balm - they'll make the cutest pair!

Do you like the look of the Benebalms? Which is your favourite? They're available to buy from various retailers including Feel Unique, ASOS and Debenhams.
 
Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment