My top 5 beauty tips



I think there are a few important things to know when it comes to buying & applying make-up. A lot of the time make-up can go completely WRONG if you don't know how to do it correctly.
Even my make-up isn't perfect, and I have spent the last couple of years researching/practising and trying new techniques and products. I thought I would share my thoughts on what I believe to be essentials for the Perfect make-up! 


1. BLEND BLEND BLEND


Not a good Look.
I can't stress how important it is to blend your make-up. To a lot of people reading this that seems common-sense but I see girls time and time again who haven't blended their make-up. 
Wether it be foundation, powder, bronzer/blush/highlighter or eyeshadows, absolutely EVERYTHING needs to be blended. It is such a key factor is flawless make-up.
 If you don't blend you will be left with clogged skin, patches, harsh colours and the dreaded foundation line around the jaw. Drag Queen is NOT a cool look ladies.


2. Invest in some Brushes.....


When I first started getting into beauty and taking a real interest in make-up I thought brushes weren't essential at all and a complete waste of money. I used to apply all make-up with my fingers. (Even Eyeshadow..) .. When i look back to pictures of myself before i used brushes i just think *what was i thinking*. 
Brushes make such a HUGE difference to the application of make-up. I never used to believe it but trust me they work.  They make everything smoother, more precise and give your whole make-up a more professional finish. 
You don't even need to spend a fortune on them. I personally own a lot of MAC brushes now but only because i've been collecting them over the past couple of years. I have recently just ordered some Sigma brushes from www.lovemakeup.co.uk and they are meant to be even better than MAC for half the price so if you don't have any brushes and a lot of money to spend it might be worth checking those out. 


Sigma Make-up Brushes




3. Highlight .....


I think highlighters are AMAZING. A lot of people don't use them or don't want to waste money on something that isn't essential but for me they are 100% essential. They can completely transform the look of your make-up. There are hundreds of different ones on the market, powders, creams and so on. They are a completely versatile product that can be used on all areas of the face the naturally catch the light. For example, they are perfect for the cheekbones, brow bone and inner corner of the eye. If you want to give your body a glow ready for a night out, highlighters are perfect to use down the legs and across the collarbone. They can transform your whole look from day to night and make you look totally GLAM. Anyway, enough about that .. i'm getting carried away .......


4. Fill in those Brows .....


Eyebrows make a massive difference to a persons face. You see all these celebrities that have perfect brows and think HOW?!?!?! .. but it really isn't that hard. When i was in school and didn't have the foggiest about make-up or how to use it i got totally pluck-happy with a pair of tweezers. My eyebrows were barely existent (what a mess). Luckily they have returned to an acceptable shape now but while they looked a bit shabby I learnt how to fill in my brows with pencils, powders and so on and it really just gave my face a more groomed look. I only use a cheap Rimmel pencil that comes with a brush on the end, costs about £5.00 and does the job excellently. It is definitely worth trying. You may think Megan Fox & Kim Kardashian have the perfect brows naturally but think again .....


5. Find your perfect match .....


This may seem like I'm stating the obvious but it really is important to ask a professional. It is sooooo easy to end up with an orange or casper the ghost style pale face, blusher that looks like a clown or eyeshadow that is far too dark if you don't ask someone what looks best on your skin. It is so easy to go into a local department store such as Debenhams, HOF, John Lewis, Selfridges and ask the girls behind the make-up counters what suits you. That's what their there for after all. The girls in them stores used to intimidate me a bit because theres a stereotype surrounding them that they can be stuck-up and snobby but a lot of the time that isn't true and they will be more than happy to help. 


Anyway, hope some of this advice was useful. Do you have any Top Beauty Tips??!!


Kisses, Kayleigh <3

xXx.

No comments:

Post a Comment