New Year - New Beauty Resolutions

This post is going to be my first ever tag for you all to do. I tag each and every one of you to do this post on your own blog as I think it is a fun idea and something I would enjoy reading. So here goes ...


As it's the New Year, I thought it time to break some of my bad Beauty and Lifestyle habits. I am constantly saying I'm going to do this, or I'm going to to that but it NEVER happens. So what better time to try and make a few changes than the start of a New Year. New year,  new me as a lot of people may say. I have SO many bad beauty and lifestyle habits (slap on the wrist for me) that this post would be huge if i wrote about them all. I have managed to narrow it down to the top five I want to begin or improve on this year. Enjoy .... 


1. USE THE GYM


I work in one for goodness sake. For those of you who don't know, I am currently working as a receptionist in a leisure centre while I figure out what I want to do with my life. A perk of the job is free gym membership. Do I use this free membership? NOPE! Is there really any need for me to be this lazy? To be fair to myself though, I am there five days a week so any time off I get I definitely don't want to be anywhere near the place. However, I am always moaning about being unfit or needing to tone up so I need to get off my lazy bum and do some exercise. My aim is to be a toned mean machine by 2013! (In my dreams maybe).



2. DRINK MORE WATER

I know this will be on a lot of peoples lists but this is something I really really really want to improve on. I literally drink NO water. Well, apart from in cups of tea or mixed with some sort of sugary cordial.  Not good. I want to get in the habit of drinking around 2/3 pints of water a day. I think it will make me feel so much healthier and it will also do my skin some good too. I am so envious of those people with perfectly glowing skin and I think water may be the key. Fingers crossed I can stick to this one. HELLO H20.


3. STOP WEARING MAKE-UP TO BED

I realise this is the cardinal sin for my skin but sometimes I just really can't be bothered to start faffing around. Especially not after a long day at work or a night out, all I want is my head to hit the pillow and sleep. I do realise this will be clogging up my pores though which is why it HAS to change. Don't worry, I'm not a complete slob who never takes their make-up off, I just don't do it as often or as thoroughly as I should. The most my face will get before bed is a quick once over with a face wipe and hey presto I'm done. I really need to stop being so lazy before bed.



4. START A SKINCARE ROUTINE

This kind of follows on from my wearing make-up to bed habit. I just don't have any sort of skincare rountine. As much as I LOVE my beauty products, skincare just isn't one of the things I tend to buy or like spending my money on. The most I'll splurge on is some face wipes and a cheap moisturiser. I really want to get into the routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising my skin morning and night. My mum uses the Clinique 3-step skincare range RELIGIOUSLY. I need to take some tips from the mother and do the same. Good skin is the key to lovely looking make-up after all.



5. DEEP CONDITION

As I get my hair highlighted, it can quite often get dry and brittle. I love having smooth, silky hair and I do use heat protectors and leave in conditioner sprays, but what I don't use enough is deep conditioning masks. My aim is to start using these at least 2 or 3 times a month to keep my hair in lovely condition. Plus, they are always nice to use when relaxing in the bath and every girl should pamper herself once in a while. Am I right? 



So, these are my top 5 New Year Beauty Resolutions that I would like to stick to throughout 2012. What are your beauty resolutions? As I said at the start of this post, I tag all of you to do this as I would love to read your top 5. It might even give me some inspiration to add more to my to-do list.

If you decide to do this post, make sure you mention me in the post and send me the link in the comments below! I look forward to reading about your new resolutions.

Lots of Love,

Kayleigh..

xXx.




No comments:

Post a Comment