Nivea Aqua Sensation Review

 If you read my New Year Resolutions post, you'll know that I am absolutely rubbish with my skincare routine. It really is my worst beauty habit. However, a few weeks back now, I bought the Nivea 'Aqua Sensation' Invigorating Day Cream from Superdrug. I was specifically looking for a moisturiser but I didn't have big bucks to spend. I particularly wanted a moisturiser as I think it is probably the one thing your skin actually does need. I don't believe in putting a million different potions and lotions on my skin every day. In an ideal world I would cleanse, tone and moisturise morning and night but I think if you lead a busy lifestyle like me then some good quality face wipes and a moisturiser should be enough.



I have been using the Nivea Aqua Sensation moisturiser for a few weeks now so I have used it enough to give a thorough review. Firstly, let me just tell you I LOVE this product so prepare yourselves for a rave review. I decided to go for a Nivea product as they are known for producing good quality products with very reasonable prices. This moisturiser cost me around £5.00 which is CHEAP for a moisturiser. I had looked at a few other brands including No7 and they were well over £20. For me, I just cannot afford £20 on a moisturiser.


On the Nivea website they describe the product like this: 


'The Hydra IQ ingredient has been shown to support the creation of new aquaporins. These are the skin cell’s own hydration channels, which improve the moisture flow from cell to cell. This leads to an intense moisture distribution - even in deeper skin layers'.


Obviously this is a very 'scientific' explanation but it is basically saying the moisturiser contains an ingredient that moisturises the deeper layers of skin. Obviously, I don't know if this is true but I will take their word for it. What I love about this moisturiser is how light it is. I have combination skin, sometimes it can get dry and other times pretty oily. I didn't want a moisturiser that was going to be too heavy on my skin and make it greasy. I have tried so many in the past that have just been far too heavy and actually made my skin feel worse. This moisturiser is the perfect consistency. It blends into the skin like a dream, feels really refreshing and sinks into the skin in only a few minutes. There is nothing worse than applying a moisturiser and being left with skin that still feels sticky and caked in product an hour later.


My skin feels very refreshed and smooth after using the product and it eliminates and dryness. I often find myself using this before I apply my foundation instead of a primer as it creates a lovely smooth base for make-up. I also love the smell of this product. As I said before, as well as feeling refreshing on the skin, it also smells refreshing. It doesn't smell full of chemicals like a lot of skin products can. I feel as though I am applying a very natural product to my skin. I absolutely love the packaging too, the little blue pot is so cute and you actually get a lot of product for such a cheap price. Oh, the product itself is actually a pale blue as well which is unusual but i like it.



Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a nice moisturiser but doesn't want to spend a fortune. I am thinking of trying more from the Aqua Sensation range as it is so lovely. I always buy moisturisers and they usually end up sitting in a drawer not being used. Whereas with this product, I can't wait to slather it on my face every morning and night. 

Have you tried any skincare products from Nivea? Are there any you would recommend? I hope you are all well. Nearly the weekend, yey!

Lots of Love,

Kayleigh..

xXx.

No comments:

Post a Comment