Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review



I finally decided to splurge on the infamous Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation after months of deliberating. I think £26.50 is ALOT of money to spend on a foundation but I decided a good foundation is probably the most important thing to give your face a flawless finish. (I am rather good at convincing myself I NEED certain products if you hadn't already guessed).

Now I know most of you reading this will have read numerous reviews on this foundation but i want to give my two pennies worth anyway. I went back to my hometown for a visit recently and whilst I was there, I accumulated a bit of cash from various family members so I decided it was the perfect time for me to take a trip to the local Debenhams and get myself matched up with some Double Wear. I have to say, the lady on the counter was lovely and less intimidating than those stunning and often snobby girls at the MAC counter. She sat me down and took some of my makeup off so she could get a proper match. She also told me my MAC foundation wasn't the right colour for me which was great to hear (not) as I've been walking around with it slathered on my face for a good two years now. Anyhow, she told me my skin was pink toned and that the shade I was best suited to was 'Pebble'. I took her word for it and pulled out my credit card. Although I was now £26.50 down, I walked away happy with the hope that this was going to be my perfect 'holy grail' foundation.

So, moving on to the actual product. The following day I was was getting ready for a trip to the hairdressers and of course I ditched my usual Studio Fix Fluid so I could give the Double wear a go. I was really excited to see a flawless face looking back at me, after hearing so many great things about the amazing coverage. I must admit, when I first applied it with my Sigma flat top Kabuki, I liked the coverage, it didn't feel too heavy and the colour looked more natural than my Studio Fix. Impressed, I left the house feeling pretty happy with the way my skin looked. However, after spending the afternoon getting my roots done, I came home to find my face looked patchy, grey and a general mess. I was mortified at how bad it looked.

I decided it couldn't be the foundation as it looked fine when I left the house, so I just ignored it and gave it another go the following day. Let me add, a little goes a long way with this and a small amount was enough to cover my whole face. To my disappointment, my face looked like a patchy mess again the second time around. I was really disappointed, I had just spent all that money on a foundation that looks hideous on me. The colour I was matched with is VERY pink. Swatched on my hand it looks so pink next to my natural skin tone and it definitely has a strange grey undertone as my face looked grey in areas. Even though I applied a small amount, I managed to develop one of those hideous foundation moustaches where foundation goes patchy around your top lip. It also began to feel really heavy as the day went on and I felt as though I had LOADS of make-up on. I have seriously never wore a foundation that has made me feel so self-concious about my skin. I wore it to work and when I went to the toilet my skin looked horrendous. My powder and bronzer stuck to this foundation like glue too and my skin looked like a patchwork quilt.

I don't like doing negative reviews as I don't want to disrespect any companies or the products they have worked hard to create. However, there just isn't ONE good thing I can say about this product. I think it is important to give an honest opinion in product reviews as it can help make your decision on wether you want to buy it or not. After all, whats the point in being a 'beauty blogger' if I can't give you my honest opinion? I realise everyones skin type is different and although this didn't work for me I know a lot of people do love this foundation.

It's safe to say I'll be returning to my trusty Studio Fix Fluid for the time being until I find my perfect foundation. However, I am slightly concerned after the Estee Lauder lady said I'm wearing the wrong colour. I will have to go and get matched up again.


Do you recommend any foundations for me to try?

Lots of Love,

Kayleigh..

xXx.




No comments:

Post a Comment