Project Perfect.

I was casually reading through my Blogger Dashboard last night when I came across a very interesting post from the gorgeous Amy at Flaws and All. The title 'Project Perfect' instantly grabbed me and I had to see what it was about. When I read her post, I felt very strongly about the issue at hand. She basically says that all us silly girls who are constantly wanting to change ourselves should be happy with who we are and instead of focusing on our 'flaws', we should focus on the things we do like about ourselves.


Do you ever find yourself thinking 'why can't I look like that?' when flicking through a glossy magazine? I know for a fact that I do it ALL the time. I am the worlds worst person for comparing myself to others and anyone who knows me well enough, will know that I have struggled with self-confidence issues for a long time now. There are various reasons behind why, but I won't turn this positive post into a sob story. I have recently graduated with a degree in Journalism and my dissertation topic was based on Body Image and how women's bodies are portrayed in gossip magazines. After months of researching and reading about Body Image, it is a subject I feel strongly about. 
Unfortunately, we seem to live in a world that is very image obsessed and it is understandable for any girl to feel self-concious when the magazines we read are full of 'perfect' looking girls. However, what we should remember is that nobody is perfect, and the images we see are often airbrushed or photoshopped. I know I need to start loving myself a bit more and appreciating what I have, which is why I think Amy's post is FAB.

To try and help girls come together and appreciate the beauty they have been blessed with, Amy has asked us all to do the following -

1. Post a photo that you like of yourself and say in a couple of sentences why you like it.
2. State some things that you DON'T like yourself but say why others may love to be like that.
3. State 3 things that you DO like about yourself.

So here is my Project Perfect post:

A photo of myself that I really like:


The reason I like this photo is because it was taken at a time I was really happy, as you can see from my huge grin. It was taken last summer, which was the best summer I have had in such a long time. I turned 21, I graduated and my dad had come over from Australia to visit me. I was generally loving life. I also like how tanned I look (even if it was  from a bottle of St.Moritz).

Okay, so onto the 3 things I don't like about myself -

My Nose - I absolutely hate my nose, I think it's huge and just generally don't like the shape of it. However, my boyfriend thinks it's cute and although I don't like the shape of it, it is straight with no bumps.

My Bum - I am always moaning about the fact I have a huge bum. I feel really self conscious of it all the time and think it looks huge in certain items of clothing. I don't like wearing leggings very often as I think they just make it look bigger. However, I know some girls would love to have a few more curves in the bottom area. Also, J-Lo/Kim Kardashian type bums are often admired by lots of people.

Moles/Freckles - I hate the fact my skin isn't clear. Although my face has no moles or freckles, I have a few on my body and one that I HATE on my neck (as seen in the picture above). Sometimes I feel so self-concious about it, I won't let certain areas of my body be seen and have even contemplated getting the one on my neck surgically removed. However, I know some people see them as 'beauty marks' because they add character to a person. Oh, and Beyonce has one on her neck too which helps.

Moving on to the three things I like about myself -

My Eyes - I do like the colour of my eyes as they are a light blue and stand out when I wear dark eye makeup. I'd say my eyes are the feature I get the most compliments on.

My Waist - I am always moaning about my body but my waist is one area that I do like. It is tiny compared to my hips which creates a nice hourglass and I think it looks quite womanly in fitted dresses.

My Hair - I literally couldn't think of anything else so I'll go with my hair. Its pretty long now so I don't need to wear my extensions as much as I used to and its naturally thick. I can also blow-dry it without it going frizzy and needing straightening, which is quite handy I guess. 

I hope everyone enjoyed reading my Project Perfect post and I hope you all do it on your blogs. Don't forget to send the link of your post to Amy as she wants to read them all. I'd love to read them too.

Don't forget.. We are all beautiful in our own special ways!

Lots of Love,

Kayleigh..

xXx.


No comments:

Post a Comment