Shopping My Stash - Clothes

I have seen a lot of these 'Shopping my Stash' posts knocking around on Blogger and it gave me a great idea for a new post. What 'Shopping my Stash' means is that you look through the things you already own and re-kindle your love for those items you forgot you had. The idea is to find old things you love again, so it is almost like shopping but without the spending any money part. This post is going to be based on clothes but I will hopefully get around to doing a beauty one too.


 Basically, when I finished uni last summer, I moved home for a few weeks and brought my MOUNTAINS of clothes with me. When my new flat was ready to move into, I decided I wouldn't take all of my stuff back to Newcastle as I just have far too much. Obviously, my mum didn't want all my clothes cluttering the house so she decided to put them in storage boxes and keep them in the garage. 
As I've been home for the past 6 days, I decided it was about time I tackled the mountains. I decided today was that day and I spent a good half an hour trawling though the storage boxes full of neglected clothes. My little sister helped me to look through it all and I can't actually believe how many items of clothing I'd forgot I owned. The amount of times I said 'Ooh, I used to love this' or 'I totally forgot I had this' was pretty shocking but it was nice finding items I used to love and can hopefully love again.


Just to pre-warn you all, this is going to be a pretty picture-heavy post so be prepared. Beneath is a picture of my 'stash' from the garage and some of the best items I found. It really was like having a shopping spree and I had so much fun sorting through my old things. I hope you enjoy seeing the things I found.



The 'Stash' - Three boxes full of clothes that once took pride of place in my wardrobe.
Here are some of the things I found amongst this lot -


Top & Shirt - Both H&M 
I actually LOVE both of these items, why have I neglected them for so long? They will both look perfect with some Skinny Jeans or Leggings.


Top & Dress - Both Topshop
Again, LOVE both of these. Why oh Why have they been neglected. Please excuse the creases too, they have been screwed up in a box for the past 6 months. 


Shirt - Primark
Top - Topshop
I absolutely loved both of these when I first got them and I'm still liking them now. The shirt will look great with a vest underneath and some jeans and I'm even contemplating wearing this top on Valentine's day with my wet-look leggings. I have only ever wore it once, shocking.


Dress - French Connection
Playsuit - H&M
I can't believe both of these items were in the garage, I'm annoyed at myself. I did a OOTN 2011 round-up post a while ago now and this French Connection dress was on my list of favourites. I have only wore it once and it will certainly be getting worn again now its returning to my wardrobe. As for the playsuit, this is a classic. It can be worn in summer or winter and dressed up or down. Again, why was it in the garage?


Leotard - Topshop
Bandeau - Topshop
Again, sorry for the obscene amount of creases, the bandeau definitely needs a good iron. Anyway, these two items are great for summer. I used to live in the 'Jadore Lamour' Leotard and it looks great with a pair of denim shorts. The bandeau is a classic, you can't go wrong with a few of these in your wardrobe. Much like the H&M playsuit, it can be dressed up or down.


Shorts - Topshop
Top - French Connection
I used to love these shorts, they go with almost anything and can be paired with tights in the winter or bare legs in the summer, I'm glad they will be returning to my wardrobe. I also love the style of this top. I used to work at French Connection and got it as part of my uniform. I think this would look lovely on a night out with my black or leopard print skirt.


Dress - Topshop
Striped Dress -  French Connection
I have only wore this Topshop dress once which is totally silly as I think it would look lovely with some leggings and can be dressed up or down. I also got this French Connection dress when I worked there but I think it's pretty cute for day to day wear with leggings, boots and a leather jacket.

So there we have it, a few old items of clothing that have been neglected for the past six months. I can't wait to wear all the stuff I found again and create some new outfits. I found more things but these were my favourites. This post would of gone on forever had I shown it all but here is a picture of all the stuff I found -


I hope you enjoyed reading this post and if anyone has or is thinking about doing a similar post, leave the link in the comments below as I would love to see them.

Have you ever sorted through your old clothes and found items you'd forgotten about? 

Lots of Love,

Kayleigh..

xXx.







No comments:

Post a Comment