Sleek Haul

The other day, I was wandering around Superdrug for my night out essentials when I found myself being drawn to the Sleek stand. Every time I am in there, I always have a look but never buy anything. I think it's probably because I don't really NEED anything and tell myself I am just "buying for the sake of it". However, I decided I had seen too many bloggers talking about Sleek to ignore it. Being the curious kind of person I am, I just had to see what all the fuss is about for myself. I know alot of people love the contour kit and the eyeshadow palette by Sleek but I wanted to try some products I haven't seen mentioned a lot. I ended up buying three items they had to offer; A lipstick, lip conditioner and a pressed powder. Let me tell you, I had about seven items in my hands to begin with but I had a word with myself and decided to put some of it back.


The three products I bought were reasonably priced. The lipstick cost £4.00, the 'Pout Polish' lip conditioner was £4.30 and the pressed powder was the most expensive at £6.49. Compared to brands like MAC where I would normally pay £20.50 for a powder, these are relatively cheap prices. Also, I LOVE the packaging of their products. I think they look very 'Sleek' and the brand obviously like to represent their product name in their packaging.


The shade of lipstick I opted for was 'Barely There' and it is a gorgeous pale peach colour. I don't think the name is a very good representation for this lipstick as it is very vibrant when applied to the lips. Not something I would consider 'Barely there' anyway. Regardless of this, when applied to the lips this is smooth, moisturising and very pigmented. I must say I am very impressed with this lipstick considering it only cost me £4.00. They had a good range of colours and I'm sure I will pick up some more of these in the future.


I got a 'Pout Polish' lip conditioner in the shade 'Powder Pink' as it was nicely matched to the lipstick and probably the most suitable for everyday wear from all the colours on offer. This is my favourite product of the three I got and I have used it almost every day since I got it. I suffer with extremely dry lips in the winter and I needed a decent lip balm/conditioner. I don't know about you but the packaging totally reminds me of the MAC lip conditioners but for half the price. I've not noticed my lips becoming less dry whilst using this product but it does feel lovely on my lips. I also love that it isn't sticky but still really glossy and it adds a lovely hint of colour to the lips. It can be wore on it's own or over a lipstick to add some shine. I am definetely buying more shades of these. They are the PERFECT lip product for popping in my handbag.


I also got a Luminous Pressed Powder. I liked the look of this as anything with the word 'luminous' or 'glowy' tends to catch my eye. If you didn't already know, I'm abit obsessed with glowy, highlighted skin. On the Sleek website they claim that this product provides "a translucent finish to help minimize skin imperfections and contains SPF15 maximizing sun protection for ageless, timeless skin that simply glows." I have used this a couple of times now and it does create a lovely glowy look. I wouldn't use this on its own as the coverage is nowhere near as good as my MAC powder but it is a nice alternative if I want lighter coverage. While getting ready for a recent night out, I dusted this all over my face and then focused it on areas I wanted to catch the light. It does create a subtle glow but I can't say I'd rush out to buy this product again. It's nice to have in my collection, but I wouldn't repurchase. I was most disappointed with this product out of all three of them.

Here are swatches of all three products. From L-R, the lipstick, lip conditioner and then the powder.


Overall, I am impressed and I look forward to trying more products from this brand.
Have you tried any of these products from Sleek? Would you recommend any other products from their range?

P.S - What do you think of my new Header? Me and my sister made it and I think it's rather eye-catching. I hope you all approve.

Lots of Love,

Kayleigh..

xXx.

No comments:

Post a Comment