February Glossybox


I know my Glossybox post is a bit late this month but it's because I didn't receive mine until a week after everybody else. Apparently there was a 'problem with payment' which meant they couldn't post it. Anyway, that finally got resolved and I received my pretty pink box in the post. This is the first box I've had in the original Glossybox colours as the Christmas and Valentine's boxes were red and hot pink. I think I like the original colours best, pale pink and brown is a nice little colour combo in my opinion. 
So, moving on to the products I received in this months box:




BECCA Beach Tint Watermelon - This product is a lip and cheek stain in a lovely raspberry colour. I had never heard of this brand before but since trying this out it does created a lovely sheen on both the cheeks and lips. It's always lovely to receive a multi-purpose product.




Dr Bronner Lavender Hand Sanitiser - Hmmmmm. I'm not sure I'm overly impressed with receiving a hand sanitiser in a 'high-end' beauty box? I wouldn't really class this as a beauty product. Yes, it is a useful this to have in my handbag but I think Glossybox could of chose a more suitable alternative.




Awapuhi by Paul Michell - Wild ginger treatment oil - I was most excited to see this product in my box as I am really into hair care at the minute. As I have my hair bleached I have to use lots of products to keep it in good condition so I can see myself getting the most use from this product. This is also the largest item I received. I have used this a couple of times and liked the results. I'm not sure about the overpowering smell of ginger though. It's not really a scent I want my hair to smell of.




BM Beauty pure mineral eyeshadow - This is the second make-up item I received this month. To be honest I had never heard of the brand BM Beauty but I liked the sound of a mineral eyeshadow. I got a matte black shade which is a little boring. MAC Carbon is my staple black colour so I didn't really need another black. However, I'm sure it will come in useful and I will give it a try regardless. The only thing about these types of eyeshadows is the MESS. I'm very messy when I'm getting ready so I can just see this going everywhere.




Como Shambhala Invigorate Shower Gel - Again, unimpressed with this. I think I've had a shower gel in all three boxes I've had now. I did love the full-size Rituals shower gel I received in the December box but I'm just getting a bit sick of seeing them now. It's as though they run out of ideas and decide to throw a shower gel in there for good measure. I did try this and wasn't even impressed with the smell or formula. Thumbs down.


So there we have it, February Glossybox. For me, I liked two of the five products I received but I still wouldn't go out and buy the full-size versions or spend the £12.00 a month Glossybox subscription for them. Each month I am becoming more and more disappointed with Glossybox and am considering cancelling my subscription. The only thing that is keeping me hanging on is the March 'Harrods' box, which sounds exciting. I've seen a lot of bad reviews on this months Glossybox so they need to pull something big out of the bag to win people around again. I do still love the idea of Glossybox, I just think they need to re-think the type of products they are including. At the moment, I would rather have my £12.95 to spend on one full-size product I know I'm going to love.


Sorry if this review sounds like a total whinge but I like to give my honest opinions on my blog. Theres no point in raving about something if you were un-happy with it.

What did you think of this months Glossybox? Did you receive different products to me?

Lots of Love,

Kayleigh..

xXx.

No comments:

Post a Comment