Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


Hey Beautifuls! I hope you are all well. I'm finally getting over my jet lag since arriving in Oz so I thought I'd do some blogging. I've been meaning to do this post since before I came to Australia but I just haven't had the time. I got the new Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation around a month ago now and have been loving it ever since. I know its been raved about and you may think its just the hype of a new product but this stuff really is amazing. I went for the shade 'Soft Beige' and it is a great match with my skin. It has even replaced my MAC Studio fix Fluid for everyday wear as I find the colour a lot more natural looking.
Firstly, I have to mention the packaging. I know a few people have said they find the bright orange lid quite tacky but I personally love it. It really brightens up my makeup collection. As well as the lovely packaging, this stuff smells amazing. If any of you use the MAC Studio Fix Fluid like me you will know that it doesn't have the nicest smell which can be off putting when smearing it all over your face.
The formulation of this foundation really lives up to its 'wake me up' name too. It is a very buildable formula meaning you can decide if you want to wear it light or heavy. I personally love a light coverage as it makes the skin look fresh and radiant. I apply it using my Real Techniques buffer brush and within seconds it gives my skin a dewy flawless finish. If my skin is looking drab in a morning it really does give it an instant boost. I think most girls want to achieve the 'dewy' skin look, including me so I am really happy I have found a product that helps me to achieve it. A lot of people seem to have concerns that the glitter particles in this foundation will make your face look like a disco ball but this isn't the case. As the glitter particles are so fine, they help to create the 'dewy' look and are not noticeably 'glittery' on the skin. I would usually never buy drugstore foundations as I find the formulas poor but this little beauty has proven me wrong. To top it all off, as well as the actual product being great, the price makes it even better. This only costs £8.99 which is less than half the price of my MAC foundation. Bargain. 

Have you tried this foundation? What do you think?

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment