My Current Skincare Routine: Clarins Daily Energizer Range



Hey Ladies! I hope you are all well. Todays post is about my current skincare regime. If you read my 'Journey to Australia' post you might remember me saying I arrived at my dads house in Australia to find a basket of easter treats waiting for me. Along with the easter chocolates, there was also three Clarins products from the 'Daily Energizer' range. I have been using these three products as a 3-step skincare routine ever since and I have to say I am very impressed with the results so far. 
I would say my skin is dry/normal most of the time but occasionally it can get oily too. Annoying right? I have never been good with sticking to a skincare routine as most of the time I never see a difference or my skin actually gets more dry/oily than before. Not long back I bought the Liz Earle skincare range in the hope it would do wonders to my skin but the products were far too harsh for me. I enjoyed using the Cleanse & Polish but the toner was very strong and dried out my skin and the moisturiser was too heavy and made my skin greasy. Due to that, I stopped using them and decided I needed to find something more suitable. So as you can imagine, when I arrived in Oz and saw these skincare goodies waiting for me, I was rather delighted. I have been using the range for around 3 weeks now so I feel I have used them long enough to give you a thorough review. The three items I have been using are the Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel, Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster and the Daily Energizer Cream-Gel
Firstly, I have to mention the packaging. As with any product, the packaging and overall appearance can really effect our opinion when it comes to purchasing a product. Now I realise this was bought for me as a gift but I really do love the simple, fresh packaging. I also think the orange colour scheme represents the 'Energizing' description very well. I also have to mention how amazing these products smell. When it comes to skincare, we want to make our skin feel good but we also want to enjoy the process of applying it with a lovely scent. Along with the packaging, the scent also screams 'energising'. There are various fruity scents in each product such as mandarin that make applying them to my skin all the more enjoyable.
Moving on to the products themselves, I love them. I don't often feel the need to rave about a skincare range but this is an exception. I start by using the Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel when I'm in the shower and lather it into my skin. This removes all traces of make-up and really helps to wake up my skin. I then use the Wake-Up Booster on a cotton pad and rub it all over my face to give my skin a deep clean and remove any traces of left over makeup. Sometimes I skip the face wash and just use this to remove my makeup which also works excellently. I would class this part of the routine as the 'toner' stage however this is much more gentle than other toners I have used. There is no strong alcohol smell and it feels so refreshing on the skin. I would definitely recommend this if you have dry skin as it hasn't dried out my skin at all like other toners have. I then finish the routine by applying the Cream-Gel. Unlike most moisturisers, this has a formula containing gel. I originally thought a 'gel' would make my skin greasy but this has to be the nicest moisturiser I have ever used. It sinks into the skin effortlessly, leaves no sticky residue and leaves the skin feeling like a babies bum.
I seriously can't recommend these products enough. If you are looking for a skincare range that will leave you feeling clean, fresh, energised and glowing then this is for you. The picture I have included of myself above is after using the range of products. I know the picture isn't very clear but I think my skin looks nice and fresh considering I don't have a scrap of makeup on. I was about to go to bed so please excuse the messy hair. Although these products are slightly more pricey than others, I think they are worth every penny. The Cleansing Gel is £11.00, the Wake-Up Booster is £15.50 and the Cream-Gel is £20.00. All together that is around £55.00 which isn't bad for a good quality skincare routine. These products are available from various websites including Debenhams, John Lewis and House of Frazer. Debenhams are currently offering free UK delivery on all orders over £50.00 so if you fancy snapping these products up, you can do so here. The Debenhams website describes these products as 'a radiance boosting skincare range that hydrates, protects and energises young skin' and I can't agree more.

Sorry for the seriously long post but I hope it was helpful in some way if you are thinking of treating yourself to some new skincare products. Have you ever tried any of the Clarins skincare range?

I hope you are all having a fabulous bank holiday too!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment