The Nicest Lipstick Ever | MAC Sail La Vie


Hey Ladies! I wanted to share with you all this amazing lipstick I have been loving lately. My boyfriend recently did some travelling with his brother and he picked this up for me from duty free in Hong Kong. I had asked him to see if he could find it after eyeing it up online. Its from the MAC 'Hey Sailor' collection in the shade 'Sail La Vie'. Now I realise this collection was released quite some time ago now but as I'm currently in Australia, I never had the opportunity to get myself to a MAC counter. However, thanks to my lovely boyfriend I managed to get my mitts on this beautiful lipstick. The first thing that drew me to this collection is of course the cute nautical packaging. I mean, I love MAC packaging at the best of times but anything that is a little bit unique always appeals to the big kid inside me. I was also drawn to this amazing bright red/orange lipstick as it is right up my street in terms of lip colour. You may know that I'm a lover of a bright lip so anything in this colour range is an instant winner for me. I would describe this particular shade red/orange which I absolutely love. When I wear it, it instantly brightens up my complexion and makes my teeth appear whiter. The finish of this lipstick is amazing too, I love how moisturising this feels on my lips. Its one of MAC's Satin lipsticks meaning it has a touch of gloss without looking sheer. My usual choice of MAC finish is 'amplified creme' as they have the most amazing colour pay off without being drying. However, I was very impressed with the amazing colour this provided without feeling dry or settling into fine lines. I took a picture of this on my lips using my dads canon EOS 1000D so how it looks in the picture above is very true to life. This has instantly become my favourite lipstick due to the formula/colour/packaging - so pretty much everything about it really. I'm kind of regretting not getting a back-up of this now as it is sold out on the MAC website. *sobs* However, after doing some research I have stumbled across it on ebay here so if you want one of these beauties I suggest you snap one up quick. It costs a couple of pounds more on ebay than the standard £13.50 MAC lipstick but thats to be expected with a limited edition product. I would definitely pay up to £20.00 for this lipstick though as it is such a unique, beautiful colour that will last a life time.


Do you own anything from the Hey Sailor collection? Do you love a bright lip?


Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment