Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick | Berry Haute








Hey Girls! I recently picked up this Revlon lipstick and as it is so bloomin lovely, I just have to share it with you all. If you read my blog regularly you may know I'm loving Revlon products at the moment as I think they have really upped their game lately. My growing obsession probably begin with the lip butters but I'm glad as they have opened my eyes to the wonders of Revlon and their beautiful products. From mascara to nail polish and lip gloss, I haven't been disappointed by any of the products I have bought in the past few months and this lipstick is no exception.

If you read my OPI nail post you will know that I was having a rummage around in a discount health and beauty store when I came across a few bargains. Well, this Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick was among those bargains. I paid around 5.00 for this which isn't bad for a revlon product. Especially in Australia as makeup is crazily expensive here. Definitely not good for a beauty lover like myself.

I had been after a deep berry/purple lipstick for quite some time after seeing a few celebrities and bloggers wearing it. I love how it's a bit different and I thought it would really stand out against my blonde hair. As soon as I swatched this one by Revlon, it was exactly what I had been looking for. It is a deep berry pink shade with hints of purple. It isn't quite as dramatic as I initially had in mind but I thought it would be better to get something a little more subtle to start off with. I can always progress with a darker shade if this one goes down well 8).

As well as loving the colour of this lipstick, the formula is absolutely lovely. It is creamy, pigmented and feels moisturising on my lips. I would say it has a 'satin' finish if you were to compare this with the MAC lipstick finishes. It isn't matte but it isn't sheer or too glossy. It gives my lips an opaque coverage after one swipe and adds a lovely subtle sheen. It is also really long lasting and I had to give my lips a good scrub to get the colour completely off.

What do you think of the purple lip trend? Have you tried any Revlon lipsticks?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment