Saturday Selection: My Top Fashion Picks for Autumn

Polyvore - kayleighcouture


Hey Ladies. I hope you are all well and have some exciting plans for the weekend. My friends from home are coming to visit me in Newcastle today so I am very excited for a catch up, drinks and a takeaway in front of The X Factor tonight. I've also had a few job prospects over the past couple of days and I won a pair of Chockers shoes in a Twitter comp so I am in a jolly good mood. 

As Autumn is fast approaching us, it got me thinking about a few wardrobe staples that I must get my hands on. Autumn and Winter fashion is my absolute favourite. I don't know about you but I love all the deep colours, wooly jumpers, chunky scarves and ankle boots. I'm classing some of the items I have included above as 'essentials' and others are things I would like to own purely because they look pretty. If you can't already tell from the photo, I am loving anything Khaki and studded at the moment. So without me blabbering on too much, here are my reasons for wanting (needing) each of these items.

1. River Island Khaki Pu Sleeve Army Jacket - I'm sure most of you ladies will of seen these khaki army jackets with leather look sleeves all over the place lately. This is clearly going to be one of A/W biggest trends and I personally love it. I realise it might not be to everyones taste but I love the mixture of textures and materials. I already own a leather jacket that I wear to death but this is more of a statement, stand out piece that will be perfect for keeping me warm in the Autumn breeze.

2. Topshop NY Burnout Tee - I was browsing the Tophop website yesterday and I fell in love with this t-shirt. It's fairly simple but I love the burnt out effect and think it would look perfect teamed with some black skinny jeans and ankle boots.

3. River Island Dark Red Ponti Skinny Trousers - These gorgeous skinny trousers are currently in River Island's sale for a bargainous £20.00. I have included these as I love the deep berry shade, it is perfect for Autumn. They also make a nice change from standard black or denim jeans. 

4. Khaki Embellished Playsuit - As I said, I am absolutely loving anything khaki at the moment so when I was browsing the Topshop website this instantly jumped out at me. I love it for two reasons, firstly because it's a playsuit and secondly, it's embellished. Loving both playsuits and embellishment, this is my perfect Autumn night out attire. I imagine this will be very flattering on the figure due to the loose fit and the sparkly top gives it a glitzy, glamorous look.

5.AX Paris Stud Ankle Boot - Okay, I am in love with these boots. Ever since the whole stud trend emerged I have been desperate to get my hands on some studded ankle boots. These are the perfect chelsea style boot that would go with practically everything in my wardrobe. I love that the studded detail isn't too over the top but still adds a stylish twist to a pair of classic black boots.

6.Club L Mesh Peplum dress - This classic LBD dress is from Republic's Club L range and I personally think it is the perfect dress for an Autumn night out. After all, an LBD never lets us girls down and I love how this one incorporates both the mesh and peplum trends. I once saw photos of Megan Fox wearing a similar dress to this and I have wanted one ever since. I might not 'need' this item but knowing me, it will probably end up in my wardrobe regardless.

7. Topshop Knitted Colour Block Jumper - As I said at the start of this post, I love love love wearing wooly jumpers and chunky knits in the Autumn and Winter months. I think this one from Topshop is perfect for Autumn as it is khaki (surprise, surprise!), slouchy and incorporates the colour block trend nicely. I can see myself wearing this under my leather jacket or on it's own with a chunky scarf on warmer autumn days. A definite must-have in my opinion.

8. Miss Selfridge Mirror Stud Clutch - Mirror? Studs? Clutch Bag? Yes please! Okay, I definitely don't 'need' this but I most certainly want it. I love the bold statement look of this bag and I think it would go perfectly with the Republic Mesh Peplum Dress and some statement heels.

9. Topshop Peace Burnout Snood - As I said at the start of this post, I love to wear chunky scarves in the autumn/winter months and this peace snood is no exception. I personally love snoods as they are so easy to wear and the peace print on this one from Topshop is so cute. Skinny jeans, slouchy top, studded ankle boots and a peace snood? I'm already planning how I'm going to wear this beauty.

10. Topshop Studded High Waist Hotpants - Last but not least, these Ah-maz-ing studded denim shorts from Topshop. As soon as I saw these, it was love at first sight. In my opinion, denim shorts can be worn all year round with bare legs in the Spring/Summer and tights in the Autumn/Winter. Of course I love these that little bit more than bog standard denim shorts because they are embellished with teeny gold studs. I also think these could be dressed up for a night out making them a versatile Autumn/Winter staple. Okay, I've convinced myself, I need them.

So there we have it, I hope you enjoyed seeing my top fashion picks for the Autumn months. What are your wardrobe must haves for Autumn/Winter?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment