Autumn Eyes | Cranberry Sketch




Hi Ladies! I hope you are all well. I was messing around with my MAC palette yesterday when I realised I haven't done many makeup looks on my blog and need to start doing them a bit more. I'll be honest, the reason I don't do them much is because I get a bit insecure splashing close up photos of my face all over the internet, especially when my camera picks up every teeny tiny imperfection. Oh well, it's time to bite the bullet and stop being such a paranoid Patricia I say!

The look I created above was very simple and only consisted of two eyeshadows. As Autumn is now here and Winter is fast approaching, I thought I would create a look that is perfect for this time of year. I normally stick with brown, bronze or gold tones on my eyes but one shade I really love that's a little more adventurous is 'Cranberry' from MAC. It is an absolutely stunning red/purple shade and in my opinion perfect for Autumn. I also find that this colour really makes my blue eyes stand out so if your a blue-eyed lady I'd 100% recommend giving it a try. Its a frost finish meaning it leaves a metallic shine on the eye. This is my favourite kind of finish as they catch the light and stand out more than a standard matte shadow. So the first thing I did was pop 'Cranberry' all over my lid using a MAC 239 shader brush. I only needed the teeniest bit to get amazing colour pay off as the pigmentation is unbelievable. MAC eyeshadows are one of my favourite products from the brand as the quality, pigmentation and staying power is just second to none.

I then had to choose a crease colour to compliment the look. I didn't want to end up looking like a disco ball with another shimmery shade so I opted for 'Sketch' which is a Velvet finish eyeshadow, also from MAC. It is a gorgeous deep burgundy shade and it the perfect companion to Cranberry. I popped this onto the outer corner of my eyes and buffed both shades together with a Sigma E25 blending brush. As you can see from the photos the two shades look beautiful together and Sketch provides a lovely matte contour to the outer corner.

I finished the look with MAC 'Feline' eyeliner in my water line and Collection 2000 24-Hour felt tip liner along the top lashes. I also popped on some lashes by 'Girls With Attitude' which I will be reviewing in full soon. Overall, I really love this eye look and will be wearing it lots over the next few months. Theres something about purple shades that I just love in the Autumn. Maybe it reminds me of Autumn leaves? Who knows - Strange girl!

I'd also like to point out that I know my hair look horrific on these pictures so please don't inform me how bad my roots are looking as trust me I am fully aware. Thankfully I went and got my highlights re-done today so at least I no longer have to walk around with awfully big roots. So yes please ignore the hair, concentrate on the eyes ;) haha!

Whats your favourite eyeshadow for Autumn? Do you like the look I created? Both eyeshadows I used are from MAC's permanent collection and are available here.

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment