OOTN | Peplum & Stripes



Peplum Top - Karma Clothing
Pencil Skirt - Primark
Shoes - Topshop
Bag - Primark
Necklace - Bought in Australia
Cuff - Matalan
Lipstick - Topshop Infrared


Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I went out on Saturday night for my friend Sophie's birthday and wanted to share what I wore. I recently won this lovely peplum top on Twitter from a brand called Karma Clothing. Now I'd never actually heard of the brand before but when I saw someone retweet their competition I thought there would be no harm in entering. To be honest I didn't expect anything to come from it but low and behold they contacted me saying I'd won. Yey! Who doesn't love a freebie? You can find their lovely website here.

They were really great on Twitter and straight away asked me what size I would like and for my address. When the top arrived in the post I was slightly alarmed by how teeny tiny it looked. I'd asked for a size eight but this looked like a size six at the most. My first thought was "my boobs are not fitting in that" haha! However, when I tried it on I just managed to squeeze myself into it. Phew. Although a little bit tight I really liked how it looked and the shape of the top was really flattering. My waist is my favourite part of my body as it's always been pretty small so the fact it emphasised that was a plus point. Peplums are a really great trend as they suit all body types. If you are stick thin and have no curves the 'peplum' part will create the illusion of larger hips and if you are curvy already, this style works with natural curves and accentuates the waist which is usually the smallest part of a woman's body. With this being said, the peplum trend is something I will be opting for a lot this season.

As the top flared out I wanted to pair it with something fitted on my bottom half. I bought this stripy pencil skirt from Primark a few months ago now and had never got around to wearing it. I thought it accompanied the red top perfectly as I really like red, black and white as a colour combo. It was a total bargain too at around £5.00 so for that price I don't mind if I only wear it once. I'm pretty sure they still have these skirts in a few different colours so its definitely worth having a look if your after something similar.

As for accessories I added a statement necklace and cuff to jazz things up a little bit. I also added a thin black waist belt after these photos were taken which cinched my waist in even more. The shoes I wore are my all time favourite pair of black heels. I got them for christmas two years ago and have worn them loads as they go with almost any outfit and the quality of them is excellent. I also used my good old studded clutch bag which is another all time fave of mine. I actually took a quilted bag with a shoulder strap out in the end though as I couldn't be bothered carrying a clutch. How lazy haha!

What did you get up to this weekend? Are you a fan of the peplum trend?

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment