St.Tropez Bronzing Lotion Review


Hi Ladies! As you will probably know by now, like most girls, I am a huge lover of false tan. I mean lets face it, who doesn't love having a bit of colour all year round? I'm naturally pale and as the milk bottle look doesn't do it for me, I find myself turning to the miracle that is tan in a bottle. Now I'm sure you've all heard of St.Tropez as it is one  of the most iconic tanning brands in the beauty world. I remember being at school and reading all about Victoria Beckham using this tan in the glossy magazines. I recall thinking to myself 'I could never use that, it's far too expensive' but oh how things have changed since the days of being a pale and naive school girl. 

I have to be honest, as there are SO many amazing tanning brands out there, St.Tropez isn't one that I have ever been especially loyal too. I have used it a few times in the past after receiving it in christmas gift sets but was never been blown away by it especially after finding cheaper alternatives. When I say cheaper alternatives, I'm talking about good old St.Moritz which is essentially the same as St.Tropez for a fraction of the price. 

Now as much as I love St.Moritz, I recently found this bottle of St.Tropez 'Bronzing Lotion' unloved at the back of my drawer and thought I would give it another go. I decided it would be a waste of money buying more tan when I already had some that I hadn't used. I also didn't want to spend a fortune replacing my favourite Xen-Tan so I popped some of this on before a recent night out and hoped for the best.

To my surprise, I really loved how it turned out. I have previously used the St.Tropez mousse but as it was clear and I couldn't see where I was applying it, I was left underwhelmed. However, this lotion is a different story. I really like the fact this is a chocolate brown lotion so I can actually see where I'm applying it to avoid streaking. I applied it with a tanning mitt and it went onto my skin smoothly with no need to vigorously rub it in. A little goes a very long and I only needed a small dollop (see above photo) to cover all of my top half. I then repeated the process for my bottom half. I often find that mousse tans require a lot of product to cover the whole body so I imagine using a lotion is a more cost effective method of tanning. It also dried very quickly so there was no need to stand around half naked for too long after application. We've all done it ladies 8).

In terms of colour, it left my skin instantly bronzed which is perfect for on the go tanning but it also developed into a more intense colour throughout the day. I have to admit, after using this I can why people love it so much. It left me looking bronzed instead of orange and it was completely streak free. Although I still love my St.Moritz, I would also recommend this is you are a after a natural looking false tan that will last you a long time. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell but it soon fades after application so that is something I can deal with. 

I have the 120ml bottle which is currently on sale at Beauty Bay here for £14.00 and the 240ml bottle is also available for £21.00. I'd also like to point out that this usually comes with a pump which is another bonus. I got mine in a gift set so I guess thats why I got stuck with this poopy squeeze lid instead. Boo!

Have you tried St.Tropez Bronzing Lotion? What do you think?

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment