Couture Girl's 1st Birthday | My 1st Year of Blogging


Image - weheartit (Edited by Me)

Hi Everyone! I can't quite believe I'm saying this but this time last year on a cold November evening, I sat down with my laptop and decided to start a blog. That's when my little space on the interweb 'CoutureGirl' began. I seriously can't believe how quickly a year has passed me by and how much this blog has changed my life. It sounds dramatic but it really has. A year ago today, I was not the girl I am now. Not only was I feeling very down and going through some hard times but I had zero confidence in myself and my abilities. To be honest, I'm still working on my confidence and positive mental attitude but things have improved massively for me since expressing myself through my blog and I can't thank each and every one of you reading this enough for supporting me and welcoming me with open arms.

As much as I love beauty products and gushing over my favourite new lipstick, blogging is much more to me than that. Not only does it give me an outlet to discuss something I've always been passionate about but it also allows me to be creative, express my feelings and meet amazing new people. For instance, this time last year I didn't even think I'd be going to Australia this year never mind for five months and sharing it with you all on my blog. I also never thought I'd open up to anyone I don't know about my struggles with OCD but low and behold this blog gave me the courage to openly share it on the internet. Oh and best of all, it actually helped people. How amazing is that?

I know everyone says 'it's not about the followers' in these type of posts but I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't make me exceptionally happy to see a new face over in the sidebar. Of course it makes me happy, I still can't believe people actually like reading what little old me has to say to be honest. When I first started my blog I remember saying to my auntie "I started a blog - I don't know if anyone reads it but a few faces have appeared over at the side" - oh the shame! Now I look over there to see over 2,000 faces and feel completely overwhelmed and blown away. I don't really know how it happened but I couldn't be more grateful. I'd also like to take this opportunity to say thank you so much to anyone who emails, tweet or leaves comments on a regular basis as you wouldn't believe how much it brightens up my day. To know I can always pop online and talk to people who 'get' me and share the same interests is absolutely amazing. I would class a lot of you as friends now, even though we've never actually met in reality. Its actually crazy when I think about it. I'd also like to say that if we haven't had a chat yet, please don't hesitate to send me a tweet or an email. I always, always, always reply to everyone and I pride myself on being approachable and friendly. After all, without you guys reading my rambles, I would be talking to myself right now.

I guess what I'm trying to say without sounding too soppy is thank you. Thank you for helping me to realise what I want in life, thank you for boosting my confidence, thank you for helping me through tough times and thank you for sharing this new chapter in my life with me. I have a feeling its going to be the best chapter so far.

I hope to continue blogging for many years to come and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me and my blog. Happy Birthday little bloggy wog - you couldn't make me happier!

PS - If you want to read my VERY first post just because its pretty funny you can find it here

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment