My First Ever YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick | Rose Caresse

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick - Link

Hi Guys! So if you read my blog regularly you will know that I am a HUGE lipstick addict, borderline obsessed. However, one very popular brand of lipstick that I'd never tried but always  had on my wish list is the YSL Rouge Volupte. Yes I know, I'm shocked at myself for not trying one of these beautiful creations a little sooner but I've unfortunately never had enough money to go and splurge £23.50 on a lipstick. However, when my boyfriends parents came to visit me in Newcastle a few weeks ago his lovely mum took me shopping and quite frankly spoilt me. When we were walking past boots and I mentioned the YSL lipsticks I couldn't quite believe it when she said "come on, lets go and get one!" eeek, this made me unbelievably happy and I was so grateful. After swatching literally every colour on the back of my hand for what seemed like an hour I finally settled on the shade 'Rose Caresse' which is a beautiful dusky rose pink. I thought it was the perfect choice for the Autumn months and a shade that is wearable both day and night.

Okay, so lets start with the most obvious thing - the packaging. Now as much as I love my MAC lipsticks, this packaging poops all over them. I mean just look at the shiny gold tube with the YSL lettering intertwined around a colourful band. I could go on and on and on about the packaging of this product because seriously, I am in LOVE. As well as looking beautiful I also love that you can see which colour it is without having to faff around taking lids off and checking. Beautiful and practical? Winner.

So after swooning over the packaging and taking snaps for this post it then came down to testing it out on my lips. After reading so many rave reviews, I had very high expectations. I was hoping the formula, pigmentation and staying power would fulfil my expectations, you know, the usual things we look for in a lipstick. I have to say, my expectations were completely fulfilled if not surpassed when I slicked this over my lips. It felt as though I was applying creamy, moisturising velvet to my lips. If I'm honest, I was totally blown away as the formula is incredible and although it is moisturising, the colour remained opaque and vivid. I really didn't think it was possible for a lipstick to be this amazing? 

The only down side would probably be the staying powder as it only lasts a couple of hours before I need to re-apply it. However, as the formula is so moisturising and creamy I expected it to wear off quicker than some of my matte lipsticks. If anything, it's a good thing - who wouldn't want to whip this out of their handbag for a touch up? 

Overall, I am unbelievably impressed with this lipstick. It has fast become one of my favourite lipsticks and I have mentally added a few more to my ever growing Christmas wish list. With Christmas just around the corner you'd be silly to not pop one of these on your wish list too. They really are the queen of lipsticks and on that note, I'll leave my rave review right here.

Have you ever tried the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks? What do you think?

Lots of Love,





No comments:

Post a Comment