Products I've Used Up | Empties



Hi Guys! I haven't done an empties post for a while now so I thought I'd show you a collection of products I've used up over the past couple of months. I really enjoy reading these posts as I like to know someones thoughts after using a product for a while and getting a real feel for how it works and wether its worth repurchasing. So grab yourselves a cuppa and see what it is I liked, or maybe even disliked about each of these products ...


Radox 'Brazilian Fusion' Shower Therapy
I realise shower gel isn't the most exciting product in the world but this one is so lovely and smells just like sun tan lotion and holidays. Its very moisturising on the skin and it was lovely to sniff this beautiful summer scent in a morning. It certainly distracted me from the snow and rain outside.

Garnier Ultra Dry Deodrant
Okay, another fairly boring product, deodorant. However, this deodrant is the best one ever. You might be thinking 'deodrant is just deodrant' and I used to feel the same way but this one has completely changed my mind. The bottle huge meaning it lasts forever (seriously, this took months to finish even with daily use) and it has the most incredible fresh scent. As well as smelling amazing, it also does its job and stopped me from being a sweaty betty (ew!). I also love how the scent lasts throughout the day and doesn't fade instantly like most deodrants. When you run our of your current deodrant, try this one and I promise you will love it just as much as I do.

John Freida Full Repair Shampoo
I bought the John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo and Conditioner after reading lots of great blog reviews about the range. I used them in conjunction with each other for around a month and I'm not convinced they deserve such high praise. Don't get me wrong, they smell lovely, lather nicely and do their job but various reviews claimed they would completely transform my hair. I was expecting them to 'repair' my hair like it states on the bottle and also combat any dryness but in all honesty, they did the exact same thing as most shampoos and conditioners. I would buy them again as they do the job but if you're thinking of getting them to repair your damaged hair, don't expect miracles.

Avene Light Hydrating Cream
I received this little sample from Avene after signing up to their website and although it looks tiny, it actually lasted a couple of weeks with daily use. Not only does this moisturiser smell amazing but it also left my skin feeling soft and hydrated without any oily or greasy residue. It sinks into the skin almost instantly and I thoroughly enjoyed using it. If it wasn't for the ten million other moisturisers I'm currently using, I would definitely repurchase this.

No7 Protect & Perfect Night Cream
This is another sample size product I received in a No7 gift set and much like the Avene moisturiser it smells lovely, is light on the skin and left my skin feeling hydrated. I've always rated No7 highly in terms of skincare products and this one is no exception. Again, I would definitely buy the full size version.

Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment
I bought two tubs of this on the Boots website when they were offering 3 for £12 on Lee Stafford products. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try this much raved about product without splashing out £7.99 for one tub (pretty pricey!). I have completely finished both tubs now and although I think it smells great and conditions my hair nicely, I think the 'hair growth' name is misleading. Put it this way, your hair isn't going to grow over night just by using this product. Yes it may make your hair healthier which will then lead to growth but don't be fooled into thinking its a miracle worker. I'm still on the fence about wether I'd repurchase it as I do think £7.99 is expensive for a conditioner that doesn't last very long at all. The tub says to use an 'egg' sized amount each time and as I have long hair I found I needed even more products and absolutely flew through both tubs in a couple of weeks. Not good!

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
I reviewed this on my blog a while ago here and ever since purchasing it has become my favourite body scrub of all time. I'd go as far as saying this is my favourite scented beauty product ever (brown sugar and lime, mmm!) and it leaves my skin feeling super soft and smooth. I got another one of these in my Soap & Glory 'Best of All' set just before Christmas so I don't need to repurchase just yet but when I've used my current one up, I'll be heading straight to Boots. I also want to get the body wash and body butter versions too so I can have this this amazing scent on my body at all times 8).

TRESemme Touchable Finish Hairspray
I don't have an awful lot to say about this other than its my go to hairspray and I have repurchased it over and over again. It sets my hair perfectly without giving it that awful 'cardboard' texture that some hairsprays can. I'm currently using the full size version but I always buy these mini ones for nights out as they are the perfect size to pop in my clutch bag.

Caudalie Cleansing Water
If you read my blog regularly I'm pretty sure I don't need to say much about why I love this product so much. I have reviewed it in full here if you want to read about it in more detail but to summarise its perfect for removing makeup and refreshing my skin. It smells delicious too. I've already purchased the bigger bottle and nearly used it all up, I'm addicted!

Avene Thermal Spring Water
I bought this product whilst I was over in Australia as I thought it would be a nice refreshing product to use whilst it was hot outside. I didn't expect much from it in all honesty as I figured it was essentially just water in a can but it is actually much more than that. I found that it soothed my skin exceptionally well, especially if it was feeling sensitive and it also worked amazingly to set my makeup and give my skin a dewy finish. I will definitely be buying the bigger size in time for summer and holidays.

Toni & Guy Reconstruction Mask
I bought this hair mask on a whim when I needed a new one and liked the look of it. Toni & Guy isn't a hair brand I opt for very often, purely because its more on the pricey side but when this was on offer in Boots for £4.99, I thought why not? It did a fabulous job at conditioning my hair and leaving it soft and smooth, it smells great and lasted a long time. Overall, a big thumbs up and I would definitely repurchase.

MAC Baby Sparks Dazzleglass
One thing that really annoys me about the MAC Dazzleglasses are the fact that they are SO sticky. One thing I hate is when my hair sticks to my lips and these lip glosses are just a disaster waiting to happen when its windy outside. However, I do love how shimmy they are and they are great for a night out to a restaurant, pub or club when there is no wind around 8). Baby Sparks is a gorgeous pale baby pink shade that looks great over most lip colours and the shimmer it gives the lips is just incredible. As I said, this is more of a 'night out' lip product and not one I'd wear on a daily basis but for night time use its lovely.

MAC Pink Lemonade Lipglass
Pink Lemonade is one of my favourite shades of lipglass and one that I wore to death last summer. Its the perfect peachy pink shade and it looks great with a tan. Although this is still sticky like the Dazzleglass, I would repurchase it as the colour and longevity are great. 

I hope you enjoyed reading about the products I've used up, have you tried any of them? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment