Review | Stila in the Light Palette


Hi Guys! I hope you are all well. I was meant to write this post last night but I had potentially the most unlucky night of my LIFE! I thought I'd tell you what happened as it makes for quite an amusing little story looking back.

So, last night I finished work at 5.00pm as normal and waited for my taxi that I'd booked half an hour in advance for 5.05pm. Now the reason I'd ordered a taxi is because I was due to have my first counselling session last night (for my anxiety if you didn't already know) at 5.30pm and was in a mad rush. Well, it got to 5.15 and there was still no sign of my taxi, great, I was going to be late. When it eventually turned up at 5.20, we got stuck in the most horrendous traffic and in the end my taxi driver said 'your going to have to get out here or you'll be late'. Fair enough he was trying to help me out but we were in the middle of a MAIN road - not cool. So after dodging several cars getting across the road, I'd made it to my appointment just in the nick of time. However, after telling them my name at reception they kindly informed me I'd been double booked and couldn't be seen until 7.30pm. Baring in mind it was 5.30, was I really going to hang around for two hours? No. I was so angry but also quite amused as it was only the night before they had called me to say 'we need to change your appointment from 6.30 till 5.30 as we've double booked you'. Okay so you double booked me twice in the space of 24 hours? Its safe to say I won't be going back there again.

Anyway, as if my night couldn't get any worse, I then had to walk home in the pouring rain only to discover I'd not put my keys in my bag before work in the morning. My boyfriend had locked up as we were leaving and I didn't even think twice about having my keys as we usually walk home together from work and only need one set. However, last night my  boyfriend was out at a seminar after work which meant I couldn't get in to my flat. Great, I was locked out. So there I was stood outside my flat for two hours like a complete lemon bursting for the loo and listening to my next door neighbours cooking their tea - not my idea of fun when I'm tierd, starving and have a full bladder 8)! Thankfully, my friend Sophie came to the rescue and the night ended with a glass of wine, a ham and cheese panini and girly chat. So if you're reading this, thanks Soph ;).

So after that humongous intro (I hope you enjoyed hearing about the trials and tribulations of my life yesterday haha), I will move on to the actual purpose of this post - a review of the ever so lovely Stila 'In the Light' Palette. I have to be honest, I've missed doing product reviews lately. I've done what seems like a lot of posts but none of them have been individual product reviews so I'm excited to get back into the swing of things and share my thoughts on a few gems I've accumulated over the past few weeks, this palette being one of them.


I received it as a Christmas gift from my boyfriends mum and dad after they asked me what I would like. It had been on my wish list for quite some time after reading Zoella's review on it so I was very excited to finally be able to give it a try. To be honest, I usually want most things Zoe raves about as we have very similar taste in beauty products but this one in particular stood out to me as it looked like the most perfectly pigmented and creamy neutral eyeshadow palette. I have to say - it is all of those things and more. As soon as I opened it on Christmas morning I just had to swatch each shade instantly. Not only was I blown away by how buttery soft each of the eyeshadows are but also by the amazing amount of pigmentation each of them provides with the lightest touch. I love how there is a variety of shades and almost every colour you would ever need for a variety of different eye looks. I'm a sucker for a neutral smokey eye and this palette ticks all of those boxes featuring pale champagne, copper, metallic golden brown and deep crease colours. It also has a couple of super smokey shades perfect for a dramatic look if thats what you prefer. Another thing I love about this palette is the cute names. I don't know why but I love products I own to have a name. Is that weird? A few of the nicely named shades featured in this palette include Kitten and Gilded Gold, how lovely?

When it comes to price, it is fairly reasonable. It costs 25.00 and contains 10 eyeshadows. If you split that up per eyeshadow, you can't grumble at £2.50 a pop. It also comes with one of Stila's Smudge Stick waterproof eyeliners in the shade 'Damsel' (a deep brown) which alone retails at £13.00 meaning it even better value for money. I ordered mine from the Feel Unique website here as they offer free worldwide delivery and let's face it, no pesky delivery fees is always a bonus when shopping online.I haven't had chance to wear this palette as much as I'd of liked to yet, purely because I haven't been anywhere nice enough (I might start rocking a smokey eye at work?) but as soon as I have a proper experiment I'll be sure to update you with a tutorial or different looks I've created. However, what I will say for now is the quality is exceptional and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for some everyday eyeshadows in a handy little gold palette. What's not to love?


Have you ever tried this palette or does it look like something you'd like to try?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment