Collective Haul // Recent Beauty Purchases

Makeup Reviews, Beauty Products, UK Beauty Blog, Haul, Beauty Blogger, Collective Haul, Boots and Superdrug Haul, Recent Beauty Purchases, What I've Been Buying Lately
Makeup Reviews, Beauty Products, UK Beauty Blog, Haul, Beauty Blogger, Collective Haul, Boots and Superdrug Haul, Recent Beauty Purchases, What I've Been Buying Lately
Makeup Reviews, Beauty Products, UK Beauty Blog, Haul, Beauty Blogger, Collective Haul, Boots and Superdrug Haul, Recent Beauty Purchases, What I've Been Buying Lately
Makeup Reviews, Beauty Products, UK Beauty Blog, Haul, Beauty Blogger, Collective Haul, Boots and Superdrug Haul, Recent Beauty Purchases, What I've Been Buying Lately
Makeup Reviews, Beauty Products, UK Beauty Blog, Haul, Beauty Blogger, Collective Haul, Boots and Superdrug Haul, Recent Beauty Purchases, What I've Been Buying Lately
Makeup Reviews, Beauty Products, UK Beauty Blog, Haul, Beauty Blogger, Collective Haul, Boots and Superdrug Haul, Recent Beauty Purchases, What I've Been Buying Lately

Hi Ladies! So as per usual, the beauty blogger within me just couldn't resist buying a few beauty treats. I'll be honest and say none of these items are essentials but they're all pretty and we deserve to treat ourselves with our hard earned wages right? I didn't buy all of this in one go (that would of been a tad extreme) so I guess this is more of a collective haul. Here's a brief overview of my recent beauty buys ...

[Botanics 'All Bright' Hydrating Day Cream & Purifying Face Scrub]
I spotted a 3 for 2 deal on the Boots website so decided to treat myself to a few bits and bobs. I picked up these two Botanics products and the Garnier tanner which I'll discuss in more detail below. I'd heard great things about the Botanics range and as I was after a new exfoliator, I thought I'd give a couple of their products a try. I decided on the 'All Bright' Hydrating Day Cream and Purifying Face Scrub as I wanted something to give my skin a bit of a boost. Its been looking really dull lately and as the weather has been rubbish, my poor skin has been getting dry patches. I've been using the scrub to combat this and the moisturiser is nice for perking up my skin in the morning. I'll be reviewing these in full soon so keep your eyes peeled for that.

[Garnier Summer Body Gradual Tanner]
Now Spring is here (well - its meant to be), its time for me to start lathering on the gradual tanner again. For me, gradual tanner is a must-have Spring/Summer beauty product as the warmer the weather gets, the less clothes we tend to wear. Don't worry, I'm not going to start stripping off or anything but when the sun does come out to say hello, its inevitable I'll be wearing strappy tops, denim shorts, skirts and dresses. I'm quite pale naturally so applying a gradual tanner like this Garnier one gives me a nice natural tan. I normally use the Dove Summer Body tanner but I couldn't spot it when out shopping so I picked this one up instead. So far I really like it - the bottle is huge, it smells amazing and it gives me a nice even, natural tan. I'll be reviewing it in full shortly.

[John Frieda Sheer Blonde Leave-In Conditioner Spray & Conditioning Treatment]
I bought these two John Frieda products on a recent trip to Superdrug when I was after a new deep conditioner. As a big fan of all John Frieda hair products, I decided to give the Sheer Blonde deep conditioner a try. I then noticed there was a 2 for £6 offer on so I picked up the accompanying leave-in conditioner too. I've been using both of these products for a couple of weeks now and I have to say, they're fabulous. They make my hair so much softer and more manageable but I won't say too much more as I'll be reviewing these in full soon.

[MUA Bronzer]
I actually bought this bronzer quite a while back now but decided to include it anyway as its still one of my more recent purchases. I didn't actually intend on buying this but when attending the Benefit 'Fake Up' event a few weeks ago, I had a slight makeup mishap. To cut a long story short, I was going to the event straight from work and had forgot to pack a makeup bag. My makeup looked atrocious so I quickly dashed to Superdrug to buy some 'emergency' makeup and this bronzer was one of the items I bought. For £1.00 it was the cheapest bronzer in Superdrug so without thinking twice, I bought it. I wasn't expecting anything great for the price but I have to say, its suprised me. Its a nice neutral brown shade, not too orange and applies nicely. Obviously it doesn't beat my NARS Laguna but for £1.00 its worth a try if you're just branching out into wearing bronzer and don't want to spend a fortune.

[Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in 'Pinched']
I decided to buy one of Revlon's new Photoready cream blushes after being a huge fan of other Revlon products and reading lots of positive reviews. I opted for the shade 'Pinched' which wasn't my first choice as I originally wanted the shade 'Coral Reef' but Pinched is a lovely pale peach shade none the less. As the warmer weather is fast approaching and summer holidays aren't too far away, I thought a cream blush would be a nice alternative to my powder blushes and would help to give my skin a nice dewy Summer glow. I don't own many other cream blushes so this was a bit of a new experience for me and I've really enjoyed playing around with it for the past couple of weeks. Admittedly, the shade is slightly too pale for me (Coral Reef is a brighter coral shade which is the reason I wanted it) but it definitely gives my skin a nice glow. I realise I probably sound like a broken record, but I'll be reviewing this in full soon.

[MUA Sheer Finish Lipgloss in 'Some Me Time']
This was another emergency makeup purchase before the Benefit event and again it was a bargainous £1.00 from MUA. The shade I chose is 'Some Me Time' and theres not a great deal to say about it as its essentially just a super pale pink (almost clear) lipgloss. However, the formula is lovely and glossy, non-sticky and the clear shade means its perfect for popping over any of my other lip products. It smells lovely and sweet too which is a nice touch. If you're after a new lipgloss to pop in your everyday handbag, you can't go wrong with this one.

[Barry M Nail Polishes (L-R) - Cappuccino, Aqua Glitter, Greenberry & Silvery Lilac] 
As you can see I've gone a bit crazy over Barry M at the moment and added four more of their polishes to my already ridiculously huge collection. I spotted a 3 for 2 deal on all Barry M products while doing a food shop in Tesco (you can't go food shopping without checking out the makeup aisles right?) and as I'd just had my acrylics done, I thought it was the perfect excuse to treat myself to some new nail polishes. I picked up the shades Cappuccino, Aqua Glitter and Silvery Lilac which are all super pretty shades. I recently featured Aqua Glitter in a nail post here if you want to see it on my nails. I also bough Greenberry from the new Gelly range when I was in Superdrug and I have to admit, I'm not blown away by the new Gelly formula. I was expecting big things but I don't think there's a great deal of difference in comparison to the standard polishes and I found the brush pretty useless too. Maybe I got a dodgy one?

[Maybelline Coverstick Concealer in 'Ivory']
This product seems to be missing from most of my photos for some reason so I apologise for the lack of a close-up shot, boo! Anyway, this product is a repurchase for me as I absolutely adore it. Someone at my old job recommended it to me after I asked how they got that super light Kim Kardashian-esque effect under their eyes. They told me they used this Maybelline Coverstick in the shade 'Ivory' to brighten and conceal the under eye area and I have to say it works amazingly well. I love the handy stick applicator, its really creamy and the light shade works brilliantly at counteracting dark circles. I need to buy a darker shade for blemishes too as the coverage is great as well. I'm going to review it in full with swatches soon.

[Collection Killer Curves Mascara]
This was yet again another one of my emergency makeup purchases before the Benefit event, can you notice a pattern here? Collection is a nice affordable brand and after trying and liking a couple of their mascaras in the past, I thought I'd give this one a try. I really like the packaging of this mascara and the 'Killer Curves' name gave me high hopes that my lashes would be lengthened and curled which are the main two things I look for in a mascara. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to expectations and I'm not all that impressed with it. I found it quite dry, hard to work with and certainly not lengthening and thickening. Its not the worst mascara I've ever used but its certainly not the best and I won't be repurchasing.

[MUA Eyeshadow Trio in 'Innocence']
Suprise suprise, this was another of my emergency purchases before the Benefit event. Resorting to good old MUA again, I decided to buy one of their eyeshadow trios to create a quick bronze smokey eye. The reason for this was because it comes with a little (albeit completely naff) brush and as I'd left my makeup and brushes at home, I needed something that came with an applicator. I knew it would be poop quality before I even bought it (I was right) but for £2.50 I didn't expect anything spectacular and it still helped me stick some shadow on my eyelids. The name of the trio I chose is 'Innocence', a selection of champagne and bronze shades and I love that the three eyeshadows work well together to create a complete look. You've got the palest shade for highlighting, the mid toned shade for all over the lid and the darkest shade for the crease, perfect! Brush aside, the eyeshadows themselves are lovely and relatively well pigmented too. Not bad for a mere two pounds and fifty pence! 

So there we have it, the beauty bits I've been buying over the past few weeks. I've also bought a couple of things from Space NK too (more about them soon) so its safe to say I'll be trying my best to spend no more money on beauty products this month. Well, apart from the cheeky Feel Unique order I placed last night. Oh, who am I kidding?

What have you been buying lately? Have you tried any of these products?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment