Holland & Barrett 'Sleeping Beauty' Box



Hi Ladies! I hope you’re all well and having a fabulous weekend so far. As someone who suffers with Anxiety and Panic Attacks, getting a good nights sleep is something I often struggle with. My anxiety leaves me feeling more alert and ‘on-edge’ than I’d generally like so any products that claim to help me sleep are welcomed with open arms. With this being said, you can imagine my joy when high-street health retailer Holland & Barrett contacted me to see if I’d like to trial and review a surprise ‘Sleeping Beauty box’* full of natural products to promote a good nights sleep. I wasn’t told anything else about the box but the sentence ‘promote a good nights sleep’ was enough for me to reply with a big fat ‘YES PLEASE!’ moments later.

The box arrived for me in the post a few days later and it looked super pretty wrapped with a green silk bow (sorry I don’t have a photo of this) and when I opened it I was quite surprised by the contents staring back at me. My first thought was ‘Holland & Barrett sell beauty products?’ as I had no idea they sold anything other than vitamins, food and health supplements. I also love how much thought had been put into describing each of the products and what they were all to be used for so I knew exactly what I was doing with them. I’ve been using them all for a few weeks now and I can’t wait to share my thoughts with you all. Here’s a brief overview of each of the products, what I think of them and whether they worked for me …

If like me you often struggle sleeping, having a good pamper before bed is a great way to relax and unwind. That’s where Wonder Oil comes in, the perfect pamper product. This multi-use oil contains a blend of various oils including Olive, Sunflower, Sweet Almond, Sesame and Jojoba. It can be used on the hair, skin and nails to replenish moisture, nourish and soften. It can also be used as bath or massage oil, which is perfect for those relaxing, pamper evenings before bed. I’ve been applying it all over my body after a bath and it makes my skin feel hydrated, soft and supple. It sunk in within minutes and left no greasy residue or oily film over my skin, which oils can be know to do.

I’ve tried it out on my hair too and was really impressed with the results. It left it soft, shiny and smelling fabulous. It has a lovely citrus scent thanks to a blend of Grapefruit, Lemon and Orange and although it might not be to everyone’s taste, I love it. If you’re after a multi-purpose oil that is full f natural ingredients and will nourish your skin and help you relax before bed, this one is fabulous. I recently featured it in my ‘bath time beauty’ post here and I’ve never felt more relaxed, moisturised and ready to snuggle down in bed as I have when using this. I absolutely love this product and it’s a great all rounder for those nights you want to relax and treat yourself.

Before receiving this box, I didn’t realise that Cherries contain melatonin, the chemical your body produces that makes you feel tired  - I learn something new every day! Anyway, this Black Cherry concentrate is essentially a flavouring that can be added to warm water before bed to help you relax and feel tierd. I have to be honest and say I wasn’t overly keen on the taste, which is such a shame, as I love the concept of drinking something natural before bed that will help aid the sleeping process. I’m going to keep trying with it as it sounds really promising and anything that will help me to get a good nights sleep is worth continuing with. It can also be added to smoothies or mixed through yoghurt so I may give those a try instead and see how I get along. Obviously the taste is personal preference thought so if you know you like cherry flavours, don’t let my opinion put you off!

I’m sure you’re all aware that Lavender is known for its relaxing and soothing scent and this aromatherapy oil from Holland & Barratt is no exception. I’ve been popping a small drop of it onto my pillow just before bed (you only need a tiny amount as its pretty strong) and it really does help me relax and wind down. There’s not a great deal more to say about this other than if you like Lavender scents and need help relaxing before bed, this is a must-have. I’m going to try popping a few drops in the bath next time I use it as I imagine that would be very relaxing indeed! For only £4.99 I’ll definitely be repurchasing when mine runs out.

As I said earlier, I didn’t even know Holland & Barrett sold beauty products so to see a moisturiser staring back at me from the box was very exciting. This Dr. Organic night cream contains Argan Oil, which has become a very popular ingredient in beauty products lately. Known as a ‘wonder oil’ its meant to hydrate and nourish the skin.  This cream is very thick and luxurious so I’m not sure how well it would work on oily skin types but as I have combination skin, I find with a thin layer, I can just get away with it. Its exceptionally moisturising and feels very luxurious to slick on before bed and I find my skin feels exceptionally hydrated after using it. If you suffer with very dry skin, I imagine this would work amazingly well for you. It can also be used on any dry areas of the body too or as a hand and foot cream. Again, a brilliant pamper product to pop on before bed.

So you’re probably wanting to know if these products helped me get to sleep and the answer to that is, yes! I mean don’t get me wrong, none of these products are miracle workers and none of them will instantly make you fall asleep (they are natural after all) but if you need a helping hand to fall asleep naturally, I’d highly recommend them. I’m also really intrigued by the rest of the Dr. Organic skincare range as I love using natural skincare products and the range of products available is huge.

The ‘Sleeping Beauty’ box I received isn’t actually available to buy but the individual products are all readily available from Holland & Barrett stores and their website. However, if they were to come out with a monthly or even quarterly beauty box, I’d definitely sign up. The idea of getting a selection of natural products that will benefit me every month is highly appealing. What do you think guys, would you be interested in seeing something like this arrive on your doorstep every month? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Did you know Holland & Barrett sold beauty products? What do you think of this box?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment