Outfit // Lady in Red

Outfit, OOTD, OOTN, Boohoo Maxi Dress, Kayleigh Louise Johnson, Couture Girl Blogspot, UK Beauty Blog, UK Fashion Blog, Fashion,Boohoo Estelle Maxi Dress, Red Maxi Dress, Holiday Outfit, Maxi Dress, How to Style a Maxi Dress


As someone who loves beauty and fashion, one of my favourite things about going on holiday (other than the pool, sun and relaxation of course) is having the opportunity to get myself dressed up in pretty outfits. I love everything about ‘planning’ my holiday outfits and I spend a good proportion of my time stalking clothing websites before I go away for fashion gems I can pop into my suitcase. 

As you may or may not know, I recently got home from a week away in Portugal with my Nanna and Sister so I thought I’d share my favourite outfit I wore while I was away. I did consider putting together a collage of all the outfits I wore but I don't want to bore you with loads of photos. Also, if you follow me on Instagram (@kayleighjcouture), you've probably already seen all the outfits I wore as I did a daily outfit photo while I was over there. Thanks to my little sister for being blog photographer for the week!

As I said earlier I LOVE planning my holiday outfits and I always have an idea of what I’m going to wear, how I’m going to style it and how I’ll do my hair and makeup to match before I step on the plane. I know, check me out – miss organised! However, surprisingly for me, I didn't buy too many news pieces of clothing before I went away as I already had lots of things sitting in my wardrobe that I've never worn before. However, a holiday must-have for me, and something I need to wear at least one night of every holiday is a maxi dress. With this being said, I knew I wanted to treat myself to a new one for my hols.

I popped over to the Boohoo website to have a look at their maxi dresses and I was amazed by just how many gorgeous and affordable dresses they had to offer. I was spoilt for choice and could of easily bought a different maxi dress for every night of my holiday. However, after a bit of umming and ahhing, I settled on this simple bright orange/red maxi with thin spaghetti straps and a racer back. It was a bargain at only £18.00 and I absolutely love the vivid sumer colour. I also thought it would work well with my light blonde hair, a tan and a matching bright lip (I went for MAC Morange - an almost neon orange!). I have to admit though - I did feel a bit like the lady from the Special K advert in my slinky red dress, haha! 

Another thing I love about this dress is the fact its so easy to throw on. Its made from a fairly thin cotton material and although its quite clingy, its so comfortable. It didn't need a lot of accessories as the style and colour speaks for itself so the only thing I added was a couple of chunky wooden bangles. Overall I absolutely love this dress and I felt very glamorous wearing it. However, one thing I found VERY odd is that it shows the dress with a side-split here on the website and mine turned up split-less? How random? Oh well!


Do you like wearing maxi dresses?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment