10 Blog Post Back-ups When Writers Block Strikes ...

Blog Post Ideas, Beauty Blogger Tips, Beauty Blogging Tip, Blogging Tip, Blogger Tips, Blogger Writers Block



Blog Post Ideas, Beauty Blogger Tips, Beauty Blogging Tip, Blogging Tip, Blogger Tip, Blogger Writers Block 2


From time to time, we all have those moments where we just don't have a clue what to write about on our blogs. Maybe we haven't been trying any new products or haven't done anything particuarly interesting to write about. Or sometimes, maybe we just can't string a sentance together. Lets face it, most of us bloggers have a busy life outside of blogging so it can be hard to maintain our motivation when everyday life gets in the way. I find myself having these moments every now and again and I'm really hard on myself for not being able to think of fun and interesting posts to write. With this being said, I thought it'd make sense to develop a little list of 'back-ups' I can refer to when dreaded writers block strikes. I've come up with 10 posts that can be wrote when I'm lacking inspiration and of course I want to share them with you guys to help you out too. If you're currently lacking motivation, I hope this post will give you the little boost you need ...

1. Instagram/Photo collage 

I’m a total nosy parker so I love reading Instagram posts and having a look at cute photos put together in a collage. I also find it helps me get to know the person behind the blog that bit better as is a good chance to show your readers a glimpse into your everyday life or to tell them about anything exciting you’ve been doing. If you don’t have instagram, don’t worry. You can still put together a collage of photos from your phone. My favourite website to use for these type of collages is Ipiccy!

2. Wishlists

Whenever I’m stuck in a rut and lacking in post ideas, a wish list post always pops to mind. Lets face it, most of us have wish lists, especially us beauty bloggers who are constantly bombared with new beauty releases that we 'need' to get our little blogging mitts on. There's different kinds of wishlists you can do too if you want to mix things up a bit. For example - '(Inset brand here) wish list', 'Autumn Fashion Wishlist' 'High end Beauty Wishlist' and so on. The possibilities are truly endless.

3. FOTD/NOTD/OOTD 
Just incase you don’t have a clue what these are and you think I’m just writing some random letters – these abbreviations stand for face, nail and outfit of the day. Most of us do our makeup and get dressed every day so why not take a few snaps and share them on your blog? Or if you're someone who is always changing your nail polish, share that too. Admittedly I don't do these kind of posts as often as I'd like but I know I can always turn to them if I need to.

4. Life 
One thing I love to read on blogs is a really deep and meaningful lifestyle post. You might not be one for sharing your feelings and emotions and that’s absolutely fine but why not write about something you’re passionate about? I always find these posts get the best response as they come from the heart and spark up conversation. For example, I wrote a post called ‘The dress size debate’ which was about clothing in shops becoming increasingly smaller and unrealistic, leaving us women feeling poopy about ourselves when we go shopping. I didn't necessarily 'plan' this post, it just came to me one day and I thought, why not share my thoughts about this on my blog? The post got a really positive response and it was interesting to hear other peoples views on the topic.

5. Tags
Tags have to be one of my favourite 'go-to' posts when I'm stuck in a blogging rut. If I'm feeling completely uninspired and don't have the foggiest what to write about, I can always rely on a tag to get me back into the swing of things and leave me feeling motivated. There's millions of tags flying around online so all you need to do is have a little google, find one you'd like to do and get writing. Most of the beauty blog tags relate to beauty or blogging in one way or another and I find writing about the reasons I love blogging or my favourite things really helps to give me a boost and realise why I love blogging so much. I actually made my own tag last year called 'Blogging Love' which you can find here - its all about sharing the reasons you love blogging so if you haven't done it yet, get involved. I'd love to read your answers.

6. Top fives
I've done a few 'top five' posts on my blog in the past as they're fun to put together and interesting for your readers to read. The possibilities are endless with these kind of posts - you can do your top five blushers, lipsticks, lipglosses, eyeshadows, bronzers, foundations, highlighters, hair products, body products, nail polishes, perfumes - you get the idea right? These posts are nice and easy to write too as it isn't hard to talk about your ultimate products and the reasons why you absolutely love them!

7. Currently Loving -  As beauty bloggers, most of us are always trying new products on a regular basis. If you're not feeling inspired or you're lacking ideas, why not share the products you've been loving lately? I always like having a nosy at the products people are loving as it gives me ideas for things to try when I next feel like treating myself.

8. What's in my ... ?
Ah, good old 'what's in my ...?' posts. There's a whole host of these you can get involved in when you're stuck for ideas. A few include what's in my bag, what's in my travel bag, what's in my makeup bag, what's in my clutch bag, what's in my gym bag - the possibilities are endless. I've even seen people do 'what's in my iphone' type posts where they show a sneak peek at the apps they use and what not. I find these posts really fun to read as I'm a nosy parker and like seeing what people stash in their bags! If you want to see what's in mine, I wrote a post  here a little while ago.


9. Share the Love
There's nothing nicer to see in blog land than fellow bloggers supporting one another and one way to do this is to share your favourite blogs in a 'share the love' type blog post. I've been featured in some of these posts myself and everytime I get a tweet informing me I've been featured in this kind of post, I smile from ear to ear. They're just so lovely and uplifting to read and they also give your readers the chance to find some new blogs to read themsevles. I haven't actually done one of these posts myself yet but its been on my list of things to do for quite some time now. I just have the huge problem of deciding who to feature as I have SO many favourite blogs. Maybe I'll make it a monthly post so all my faves get the chance to be featured. Keep your eyes peeled!

10. Guest Posts
Finally, if you really don't have the time/energy/motivation to do any of the above and fancy a little break (we all deserve a break from time to time), why not rope in some of your favourite bloggers to write some guest posts for you. This will enable you to take a little break while you re-charge, keep your blog full of great content and give fellow bloggers the chance to gain some exposure to a new audience. Its a win win situation!

So there we have it, my suggestions of posts to write when bloggers block strikes. Lets face it, we've all have those moments where we feel totally uninspired and can't string a sentance together but that's life and its normal to feel like that, especially if you have a busy work and home life to deal with on top of blogging. I guess my final piece of advice would be to not let it get you down. If you need to take a break from blogging be it a couple of days, a week or even a month, so be it. If your readers truly enjoy reading your blog, they won't mind waiting a while for your next post. Sometimes its good to give yourself a break and clear your head.


I hope this helped guys! Can you think of any other posts you turn to when bloggers block strikes?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment