New Rimmel Apocalips // Across The Universe

New Rimmel Apocalips Shades, Rimmel Apocalips Across the Universe Review, Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer 3
New Rimmel Apocalips Shades, Rimmel Apocalips Across the Universe Review, Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer 2
New Rimmel Apocalips Shades, Rimmel Apocalips Across the Universe Review, Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer 4
IMG_6726
New Rimmel Apocalips Shades, Rimmel Apocalips Across the Universe Review, Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer 5

New Rimmel Apocalips I hear you say? Yes, that's right. Rimmel have added five new shades to their infamous Apocalips lip line. Now I don't know whether I've been living under a rock for the past few weeks or whether I've genuinely missed something but why has there been zero hype surrounding these new shades? When the Apocalips were first released, every blogger and their dog went mental for them. They were popping up on blogs here there and everywhere so I'm pretty surprised I hadn't heard about any new shades being released until I spotted them myself while perusing the Boots website.

The new shades are all very appropriately named and in-keeping with the 'Apocalypse' theme and are as follows - 'Aurora' (totally reminds me of sleeping beauty), 'Out of the World', 'Shooting Star', 'Eclipse' and 'Across the Universe'. Aren't the names super cute? There's something for everyone in the new range as there's light neutral shades and bold deep shades. I'm more of a bold and bright kinda girl so I decided to go for 'Across the Universe' which is shown as a deep red on the Boots website. I really like wearing deep reds in the A/W months (think Kate Moss 107) so I was excited to try a similar shade in the Apocalips formula.

If you haven't tried the Apocalips before and don't know what they are, they're essentially a mix between a lipstick and a lipgloss, a hybrid lip product referred to as a 'lip lacquer'. They almost feel like paint when you apply them to the lips as they're insanely pigmented, quite wet and glossy. However, when they're left to 'set' they become more firm on the lips and leave a stained effect instead of a high-shine finish. My favourite thing about them is how long lasting they are - once I've applied one of the Apocalips, I don't have to think about re-applying for hours.

So as I said, the shade I opted for from the new range is 'Across the Universe' and although I really like it, it wasn't the shade I was expecting it to be from the swatch on the Boots website. Like I said earlier, I imagined it to be Kate Moss 107-esque but instead it reminds me of an ever so slightly darker version of the Apocalips I already own in the shade 'Big Bang'. They aren't identical as Big Bang is more of a true postbox red but they are pretty similar and I definitely didn't need both. I'm now thinking I should of got 'Eclipse' instead as I think that's more of a plum/deep berry shade and perfect for A/W. Don't get me wrong, I do really like Across the Universe and I will get a lot of wear out of it over the next few months but its slightly annoying how similar it is to Big Bang.

I'm still pretty excited by the new shades despite this one being similar to one from the original line up. Its nice to see a wider range of shades available as the formula of the Apocalips is great and definitely one worth trying. I'm eyeing up 'Eclipse' and 'Out of this World' as my next Apocalips purchases - fingers crossed they aren't similar to any I already own!


Did you know Rimmel had released more Apocalips shades? Am I the only one that was totally in the dark and missed all the hype? You can find them here on the Boots website.

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment