YSL Touche Eclat - Worth the Hype?

YSL touche eclat review
YSL touche eclat 2
ysl touche eclat 4
ysl touche eclat 3
ysl touche eclat review 5
ysl touche eclat 5
YSL touche eclat Luminous Ivory swatch
One of the most famous beauty products of all time, holding a 'cult' or 'holy grail' status amongst many beauty lovers is the YSL touche eclat. Known for its highlighting and illuminating properties, its the classic beauty product used for injecting some light and radiance to the face. Its something that had always been on my never ending beauty wish list but due to the high price tag, I just couldn't justify the purchase. However, my nanna and grandad were recently visiting my dad over in Australia and when they arrived home, they handed me a little package from my dad. Inside there was two beautifully packaged YSL products - the touche eclat and a rouge volupte lipstick. I was so excited to see these products as I absolutely love the rouge volupte lipsticks and as I said, the touche eclat had been on my wishlist for such a long time.

Firstly, I must point out how incredible the touche eclat packaging is. Like all YSL products, the gold packaging makes it so luxurious but the touche eclat has an even more luxurious feel to it due to the pen applicator being completely gold with the touche eclat lettering engraved on the side. I would definitely say its the most beautiful packaging I've ever come across and its such a pleasure to pull out of my makeup bag everyday. I also love how the product is dispensed from the gold tube via a click button at the bottom of the pen - its very satisfying to click and wallah, the product is dispensed onto the brush applicator. I think its the small things like this that take a product from high street to high-end!

Now we've gathered that I love the packaging and style of application, do I actually like the product itself? Is it worth all the hype it receives? Well, I have to say, my opinion is mixed. As much as I enjoy using this product and have used it every single day since I received it, I don't think its worth the high price tag. The shade I received is 'Luminous Ivory' which I believe is one of the lightest shades you can get and it works very well with my pale skin tone. I also find it has a slight salmon undertone too which is great for counteracting dark circles. I apply this in a 'V' shape under my eyes (I picked this trick up from Kim K's makeup artist) and I find it does a great job at brightening my dark circles and highlighting my face. It blends into the skin effortlessly too and instantly makes me look more awake. However,   I've tried high-street products that have given me the same effect for a quarter of the price. That's why I feel like this product doesn't do anything miraculous enough to my face to warrant the  £25.00 price tag. For this reason, I wouldn't repurchase. As I said, I've used products that have done the exact same job as the touche eclat, in particular the Loreal Lumi Magique highlighting pen which is known to be a dupe. Seriously, it does exactly the same job. Okay the packaging isn't as nice and it doesn't have a cool 'clicky' button but other than that, the product creates the same effect. It covers and brightens my under eye circles, and acts as a highlighter on any areas of my face I want highlighting (down the centre of my nose, brow bone, cupids bow etc). With this being said, as much as I'm thankful to my dad for buying me this and as much I've enjoyed using it, I just couldn't justify spending all that money on repurchasing it. I think if I was going to spend £25.00 on a concealer, it would have to make me resemble a supermodel after application. Doubtful, I know.

Have you ever tried the touch eclat? Do you think its worth all the hype it receives? You can find it online here.

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment