Latest In Beauty | The Glamour Beauty Edit

LIB 1
LIB 2
LIB 3
LIB 4

Latest in Beauty | Glamour Beauty Edit | £14.95 plus p&p | Link

I realise I'm a bit late to this band wagon but I have to share it anyway as this is the best thing I've bought myself in a long time. When I saw tweets flying around from some of my favourite bloggers about the Latest in Beauty 'Glamour Beauty Edit' beauty box that contained lots of amazing items for only £14.95 - it wasn't long before I ordered one. Okay I lied, I ordered two. I originally ordered one of these boxes for my best friend Debra as it was her birthday last month and as she's a beauty lover like me, I knew she'd love it. I also had a feeling she'd been after the HD brow palette included in the box and considering that costs £20 to buy on its own, there was no hesitation when it came to ordering.

However, as Christmas is creeping up on us and I need to spend my money on other people and not myself, I held off ordering a box for myself and convinced myself that I 'didn't need it'. Well let me tell you, I was wrong. Oh so wrong. As soon the box I'd ordered for my friend arrived and I had a little peek inside, I had to order myself one there and then. I definitely needed it - its the best beauty box I've ever come across and too much of a bargain to be missed. So, after these big claims, you're probably wanting to know what I got inside the box and what I think of each item. Keep reading to find out more ...


Eyeko Lash Curlers | Full Size
The eyelash curlers I currently use are a bog standard pair from Superdrug and although they do the job, I'm excited to see how these flashy Eyeko ones compare. I curl my eyelashes every single day before applying mascara so I imagine these will be well loved. I also love the purple velvet handles - very posh!

HD Brows Eye Palette | Foxy | Full Size
Okay so this has to be the 'star' item of the box for me and reading reviews from other bloggers, I think most people agree. HD Brows took the world by storm last year and girls all over the world were showing off their newly preened and plucked HD brows. I was one of those girls having had a HD brow treatment myself and I have to say, its fantastic. If you want perfectly shaped and tinted brows, HD is the way to go. With this being said, you can imagine the excitement surrounding the companies beauty products which their HD eye palette being the star of the show. Its a quad palette with four shades that can be used as eyeshadows or eyebrow powder. There's a few different shades available, all of which are suited to different hair colours but the one included in the LIB box is 'Foxy' which is the palette designed for brunettes. Now although I'm blonde, my eyebrows are fairly dark so this was the perfect shade for me. I'm not going to say too much else as I'd rather review this in full with more photos and before/afters of my eyebrows but I will say one thing - I've used it every day since getting this box and it may well have blown my Benefit Brow Zings out of the water.

Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara | Sample Size
I tried this Benefit mascara when it first had lots of hype surrounding it a couple of years ago and I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed. I found it way too heavy for my lashes and quite clumpy. Now I've tried it again I do like it more than I did first time around but I'd still say its slightly on the clumpy side if you're not careful. I think its great for a night out when I'm after a dramatic look but for day to day use, maybe not. This sample is a nice little size though and if you love this mascara already, it might be nice to have the small version to pop in your handbag.

Maybelline BabyLips | Peach Kiss | Full Size
When it comes to the maybelline baby lips, you either love them or you hate them. For me personally, I love them. I already own 'Cherry Me' which I absolutely love for adding some extra moisture and a wash of colour to my lips. The shade I received in this box is 'Peach Kiss', a subtle peach with a hint of shimmer but nothing too offensive. It has the same moisturising formula as Cherry Me and it smells amazing too! A handbag essential for winter I'd say and I love the packaging!

Balance Me Radiance Face Oil | Sample Size
I actually already own this in the full size and I absolutely love it. I've been meaning to do a review on it for ages as its great for nourishing the skin and adding a glow, hence it being a radiance face oil. This little roller ball version is so cute and perfect for travelling with. I've also heard the face oil is a good spot treatment so this is handy to pop on any pesky break-outs too.

Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo | Sample Size
Dry shampoo is a girls best friend - especially a girl like me who has fairly long and thick hair. Washing my hair isn't a task I enjoy - my hair is so long and thick that it tangles extrememly easily in the shower and brushing through/drying the whole mane seems to take a lifetime. With this being said, I like to have the occassional 'cheat' day where I stick some dry shampoo on my roots and be done with it. This one from Philip Kingsley is lovely and certainly makes my hair feel fresh again if I'm having a 'I can't be bothered dealing with my hair' kind of day.

Toni&Guy Glamour Firm Hold Hairspray | Sample Size
I think this is a sample size product but its definitely still a substantial size and perfect for popping in my clutch bag on a night out. I love the sleek gold bottle and the finish of this hairspray is great as it sets hair into place nicely without making it 'crusty' or hard like some cheaper hairsprays can. This is definitely a handbag essential for the Christmas party season.


Did you manage to get your hands on the Glamour Beauty Edit box? I believe they're still available here but I imagine it won't be long until they're all gone so be quick if you want to snap one up. It would make a great Christmas present for any beauty lover!

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment