Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick & Glossimer

Chanel Lipstick and Lipgloss Review
Chanel Savage Garden Glossimer and Rouge Coco Shine Fiction Lipstick Review
Chanel Savage Garden Glossimer and Rouge Coco Shine Fiction Lipstick Review 2
Chanel Savage Garden Glossimer and Rouge Coco Shine Fiction Lipstick Review 3
Chanel Savage Garden Glossimer and Rouge Coco Shine Fiction Lipstick Review 6
Chanel Savage Garden Glossimer and Rouge Coco Shine Fiction Lipstick Review 7
Chanel Savage Garden Glossimer and Rouge Coco Shine Fiction Lipstick Review 9
Chanel Savage Garden Glossimer and Rouge Coco Shine Fiction Lipstick Review 10
IMG_9732

I was a very lucky girl this Christmas and two of the gifts I received are these stunning Chanel lip products. Chanel is a brand I'd never ever tried before due to its high price tags so Christmas was the perfect time for me to pop some of their products on my wish list. As a lip product junkie, I've always been drawn to their lip products so you can imagine my excitement when I was presented with two of the beautiful monochrome Chanel bags on Christmas day, one containing a Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in the shade 'Fiction' (which my boyfriend chose for me himself - bless) and the other containing a 'Glossimer' in the shade 'Savage Grace' from my boyfriends mum and dad. Both of them are absolutely beautiful and right up my street in the berry pink/plum colour stakes.

When it comes to makeup packaging, I'd say Chanel is up there with the likes of YSL  - its complete luxury. Yes its a lot more simple and chic than YSL packaging but it has that same expensive and luxurious look - sleek black tubes with gold detailing and the famous Chanel logo engraved on the lid. There's just something so sophisticated about it.  

Packing aside, the products themselves are just as beautiful. The Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in the shade 'Fiction', a sheer berry/plum is absolutely gorgeous and I've been wearing it none stop on days I want to add a light wash of colour to my lips. Its the perfect Winter shade and looks great against my pale skin tone - its quite vampy but the Coco Shine formula ensures that it isn't too vibrant and instead very subtle and perfect for day to day wear. Its quite a sheer formula with a balm/glossy finish but it isn't too sheer that it doesn't show up on my lips - somewhere inbetween I'd say. The formula also means its very hydrating, it doesn't cling to any dry patches and its very comfortable to wear.vIt isn't the most long lasting lipstick I've ever used due to the glossy finish but I can't say that bothers me too much as I'm more than happy to pull a Chanel lipstick out of my bag for touch-ups.

The 'Glossimer' which is essentially just a fancy name for a lipgloss is a real stand out to me and its one I spotted straight away while persuing the Chanel counter with boyfriends mum just before Christmas. I gave it a swatch on the back of my hand and I fell in love straight away - a highly pigmented berry pink that's super glossy with tonnes of shimmer to make lips look extra full and glossy. I knew it would be the perfect product to wear over the party season and indeed it was - it really is a beautiful shade. My only niggle with it is that its ever so slightly sticky so its definitely not one to wear when its windy outside! ;)

Overall I'm chuffed to bits with my new Chanel lip products and I can't believe its taken me so long to try something. I can see a new obsession starting as their bronze universal and les beiges powder are next on my list!

What do you think of Chanel makeup? Can you recommend me anything else to try?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment