Brush on Brows | Benefit Gimme Brow

Benefit Gimmee Brow Review 5.jpg
Benefit Gimmee Brow Review.jpg
Benefit Gimmee Brow Review 2.jpg
Benefit Gimmee Brow Review 3.jpg
Benefit Gimmee Brow Review 4.jpg
Benefit Gimme Brow Review 7.jpg
Before and After .jpg

Benefit Gimme Brow* | £17.50 | Link

The latest Benefit product to land on my doorstep is their brand new brow product 'Gimme Brow', a innovative fibre gel that adheres to the skin and eyebrows to create naturally full looking brows. Step aside Cara Delevingne! Gimme Brow comes presented in classic Benefit style packaging - pink and fun! The actual tube of product itself is teeny tiny which initially seems a bit concerning but its actually perfectly sized for its purpose and its ideal for travelling and popping in my handbag.

I have to be honest, when I first heard about this product, although I was intrigued by the concept, I didn't think it'd be something I'd find a use for as I already love using my HD brows palette and I'm pretty happy with the result it gives me. My natural brows are really sparse and definitely need the help of a powder so I figured a brow gel wouldn't give me enough 'coverage' and my brows would still look sparse. However, I have to say, I was totally wrong and this product has really impressed me! Its applied to the brows with a cutte little brush and it instantly fills in any sparse areas, makes brows look much fuller and also keeps them in place all day. 
Unruly sparse brows, be gone!

Now I'm not saying Gimme Brow has knocked my HD brow palette out of the park because I'll still use that as my main brow product on a day to day basis. However, in conjunction with Gimme Brow, the pair of them are an eyebrow dream team. I firstly use the HD brow palette to create the shape I want my brows to be (I like quite a defined line above my brow bone and at the ‘tip’ of my brows) and I then use the Gimmee Brow gel to fill in any sparse areas and create a natural fullness. I think that’s what I love so much about the product – it looks so natural and you can really build it up and add as much as you like until you have the desired effect. As I mentioned, I like to use it alongside my HD brow palette to get that really polished look but I’ve also used it on its own (see my before and after photo above) and it still does a great job at defining the brows – especially if you’re having a ‘no makeup makeup’ day. It would also be absolutely perfect for those of you who already have full brows and just want to make sure they look nicely groomed.  

Gimme Brow comes in two shades - Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I'm really impressed with these two options as they're very universal shades and I imagine everyone will match one of them, no matter what your skintone. Despite being blonde, I actually have fairly dark eyebrows so I'm more suited to the medium/dark shade but I recently used the light/medium shade on my mum who has very fair eyebrows and that one was a perfect match for her. They're very neutral shades and have a slight ash undertone which is great as it means they blend perfectly with natural brow hairs and don't have any unnatural orange tones.

Overall, I'm very impressed with Benefit's latest brow offering and I'd recommend it to anyone who struggles filling in their eyebrows. This little brush is seriously foolproof! As with all Benefit products, the only downside to it is its high price tag as this little 3g tube costs £17.50. However, I truly beleive that you get what you pay for and this is unlike anything else available from highstreet brands. If you have the cash to spare, I say give it a try. Trust me - your brows will thank you for it ;).

While we're chatting about brows and Benefit, I'd also like to mention 'Brow Arch March' which is a collaboration between Benefit and Debenhams in support of Look Good Feel Better, a charity which offers free beauty services to women and teenagers who are suffering from the visable side effects of cancer treatment. To support this great cause, throughout March you can get your eyebrows waxed and shaped at Benefit for a small donation to the charity. Debenhams suggest a donation of £5 (all of which will go to the charity) but you can donate as much as you'd like. I think this is such a great idea and its amazing to see a beauty brand like Benefit getting involved in such a great cause! I'll definitely be heading to my local Benefit brow bar to get my brows tidied up!


Will you be trying Benefit's new Gimme Brow or going to get your eyebrows shaped for Brow Arch March? Use the hashtag #BrowArchMarch on Twitter to keep up to date with all the amazing fundraising!

Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment