S/S Fashion Haul | Primark, River Island, Zara & More

Spring Fashion Haul.jpg

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a lovely weekend so far? I've had a lovely relaxing time and I'm loving the recent change in weather and the lighter evenings - Spring is well and truly on its way. With this being said, I thought I'd share a few things I've been buying recently in preparation for Spring and the warmer weather. I always like to update my wardrobe as the seasons change and as there's so much lovely new stock on the high street right now, I couldn't resist a few purchases! It seems like a lifetime ago I did a haul on my blog so I hope you enjoy reading and maybe get a bit of Spring fashion inspiration ...

Spring Fashion Haul 10.jpg

Primark Floral Tea Dress
I have to be honest, this dress isn't very 'me' and I'm still not 100% sure about it but my mum and sister assured me it looked lovely in the Primark fitting rooms so I thought 'what the hell' and bought it. I'm hoping I'll get lots of wear out of it in the S/S as its very pretty and the shape is very flattering too - it definitely enchances my best bits! I think its the bold floral pattern and neckline I'm unsure of - its very 1950's and I'm worried it may make me look a tad frumpy. Maybe I'll have to make it a bit more edgy with a leather jacket and some ankle boots!

Spring Fashion Haul 2.jpg

River Island LA T-Shirt | Link
In my opinion, you can't beat a t-shirt. They're a wardrobe staple and so convenient to have to throw on with a pair of jeans. I'm actually wearing this one from River Island as I write this post and I absolutely love the burn out fabric and LA print. I think this will look lovely in Summer with some sandals, sunnies and acid wash denim shorts.

Spring Fashion Haul 3.jpg

H&M Stripey Jumper
Another H&M bargain I just couldn't resist is this cute navy and white stripey jumper which was only £14.99. I've already worn this and had lots of compliments on it. Its such an easy one to thow on with a pair of jeans and will be nice to wear on those breezy Summer evenings.

Spring Fashion Haul 5.jpg

H&M White Blouse | Link
When I spotted this blouse for only £7.99, I just couldn't resist buying it. Its one of those perfect wardrobe staples that can be worn in so many different ways and the light material means it'll be perfect in S/S. My initial thought was to wear this with some skinny jeans and wedges or tucked into some denim shorts but since buying some navy shorts from River Island (more about those below) I'm now planning on wearing it with those too!

Spring Fashion Haul 11.jpg

River Island Navy High Waisted Shorts | Link
I think these shorts from River Island are my favourite clothing purchase in a long time. I've been wanting to get my mitts on some navy high waisted shorts for ages after seeing Mollie King rocking a pair and loving how they looked. I think they look so lovely with a blouse or vest tucked in and these ones I spotted in RI fit me like a glove and really flatter my body type. They did come with a black and gold belt but it didn't match at all so I took it off and plan on wearing them with a thin tan waist belt instead. I've alreay got so many outfits in mind I can wear with these - I just need the nice weather now!

Spring Fashion Haul 8.jpg

New Look Stripy Peter Pan Collar Dress
I spotted this on the New Look website and thought it'd be a lovely dress to wear in Spring with some tan sandals! I really love the 3/4 length sleeves, nautical stripes and crochet peter pan collar - too cute! 

Spring Fashion Haul 19.jpg

Dorothy Perkins Navy Stripe Jersey Cami | Link
This purchase was influenced entirely by my new River Island shorts which I've spoke about above. As soon as I saw this cami top staring at me from Dorothy Perkins window, I had a bit of a lightbulb moment and thought 'oh, that will look perfect with those shorts I've just bought' and yep, yep it does. It matches the shorts absolutely perfectly and I can't wait to wear them together on a hot Summer's day.

Spring Fashion Haul 6.jpg

Miss Selfridge 90s Stripe Mini Dress | Link
As soon as I spotted this on the Miss Selfridge website, I knew I had to have it. I can imagine this looking perfect on holiday with a tan and a pair of tan wedges. I really love the shape around the neckline too - I have other dresses in a similair style and its a really flattering and feminine shape! Can you tell I've got a thing for stripes at the moment too? I didn't realise how many stripy things I'd bought until typing up this post. Oops!

Spring Fashion Haul 4.jpg

New Look California T-Shirt | Link
You're probably thinking this looks very similair to the River Island t-shirt above and yes it is similair but as I said earlier, you can't beat a t-shirt and therefore, you can never have too many. I find them so convenient to wear with shorts in Summer so its essential I have a stash of them in my wardrobe! Sticking with the US theme, this one says California and I intend to feel like I'm in California every time I wear it ;).

Spring Fashion Haul 13.jpg

Zara Cream Blouse | Link
Although I always love the look of Zara clothing on other people, it isn't a shop I buy much from myself. I know, I know, how utterly untrendy of me! Its not that I don't like their clothes, I just never seem to spot anything I like in my local Zara store and anything I do like tends to be way too overpriced. However, I recently spotted this tshirt/blouse thing (its a t-shirt from the front and blouse from the back) and I fell in love with it. It was only £17.99 so pretty reasonably priced and I think its a great casual piece to throw on with a pair of jeans or shorts and the floaty shape is really flattering too! I must apologise for the creases in this photo - I haven't had chance to give it an iron yet!

Spring Fashion Haul 9.jpg

Sugarhill Boutique 'Nina' Dress* | Link
Okay so this is a little bit of a cheat item as I didn't actually buy this myself and was very kindly sent it from Sugarhill Boutique. However, I wanted to share it regardless as I absolutely LOVE it and can already tell I'm going to wear it to death when the weather warms up. The two-tone style is very flattering and I adore the crochet top and cute little cap sleeves. I also think it will make a lovely Summer work dress!

Spring Fashion Haul 21.jpg

Primark Tan Boots
Okay, can we just take a moment to admire these boots please? Seriously, how beautiful are they? If you hadn't already guessed by all the references in this post, I love wearing tan accessories in the S/S so when I spotted these cut out peep toe boots, they had to be mine. Boots aren't the most obvious choice of footwear for the warmer months but these ones are  an exception thanks to the peep toe and cut out style. I think they'll look great with a girly Summer dress to grunge things up a bit!

Spring Fashion Haul 20.jpg
Primark Tan Bag
As soon as I spotted this cute quilted bag in Primark for only £4, I HAD to have it. Its the perfect little S/S bag that will go with all of my tan sandals/wedges and it can be worn over the shoulder during the day or as a clutch bag in the evening. You all know how much I love a good versatile item so I imagine I'll get a lot of use out of this one!
Spring Fashion Haul 17.jpg


Primark Silver Ring
I've been loving wearing statement rings on my thumb recently so I thought this one from Primark would be a nice addition. Plus, who can resist a £1 piece of jewellery?

Here's me wearing some of the items mentioned above:
haul

So there we have it - all the things I've bought lately! Writing this post has made me realise that I need to lay off the spending for quite some time now and actually attempt to save some money. I've got so much planned this Summer and although I'll have lots of nice clothes to wear, I won't have any money to do anything at this rate! For the rest of this month (at least), I'm officially on a spending ban. Lets see how long this one will last!


What do you think of the things I've bought recently? Have you started your S/S shopping?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment