Stepping into Spring with Liz Earle

Liz Earle Makeup Review.jpg.jpg
Liz Earle Makeup Review 2.jpg

Liz Earle is a brand that's very well known and loved in the beauty industry for their skincare products - particuarly their famous Cleanse & Polish. Now I have to be honest when I say I didn't get along with their skincare products as well as I'd hoped. Its not that they didn't work effectively or were unpleasant to use, they just didn't work for my skin personally. I have uber sensitive skin and I'm guessing one of the ingredients they use just isn't for me and my skin. I know lots of people love their products though so I guess I'm in the minority!

Anyway, although I didn't get along with the skincare, I've always been intrigued by the makeup. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the makeup they have to offer so when I was kindly sent a little selection to try a few weeks ago, I couldn't of been more excited. Other than being perfect for Spring and beautifully packaged, these beauty products are of a very high quality and I've thoroughly enjoyed using them. Keep reading to find out more ...

Liz Earle Makeup Review 4.jpg
Liz Earle Makeup.jpg

Okay so I think you all know by now that I'm a total lipstick junkie. I've lost count of how many I own and although I know I have far more than one person could ever use, there's something about them that just draws me in. I think its the pretty colours, various finishes and the way a slick of lipstick can make me feel 'done' and ready to face the day. Yep, its a love affair. Anyway, these two Signature Lip Colour lipsticks* from Liz Earle have been added to my well-loved stash and have quite quickly made their way to the my favourites pile. They're quite unlike any lipsticks I've tried before as they're pretty sheer and take a few coats to get a pigmented look. However, that's what I love about them. They look so natural which is perfect for the S/S months when I want my makeup to look radiant and fresh. 

They also make my lips look really plump and feel really soft due to the hydrating ingredients vitamin E, avocado oil and shea butter. The two shades I've got are also perfect for this time of year and definitely make for great every day wear. Peony is a beautiful rose pink and Melon is a gorgeous muted coral. As you can see on my swatches at the bottom of this post, they do have nice colour pay-off but they're sheer enough to layer on and wear on a day to day basis without looking over done! I really really really love these lipsticks and they've been my go-to every single day for the past few weeks!

Liz Earle Makeup Review 3.jpg

As well as the lipsticks, I've also been loving the Radiant Glow Bronzer and Healthy Glow Powder blush as they both add such a beautiful glow and radiance to my skin which again is perfect for this time of year when I want my skin to look sunkissed, healthy and glowing! The bronzer is a combination of four different shades and when swirled together on a big fluffy brush and applied to the areas of my face than would naturally catch the sun (cheekbones, nose and forehead), it adds a beautiful luminosity to my skin. It isn't glittery at all but it does have a slight metallic/pearlised finish meaning it isn't great for contouring  with but perfect for bronzing and highlighting. I've been using it in conjuction with my NARS Laguna bronzer and together they're the perfect pair for sunkissed, healthy and radiant looking skin!

Continuing with the radiant theme, the Healthy Glow powder blush, which I have in the shade 'Rose', is again perfect for making my skin look healthy and fresh. Its a very finely milled powder, much like the bronzer and its pigmented without being too pigmented, if that makes sense? Like the lipsticks, it has quite a sheer finish but the colour intensity can be built up as desired. The shade Rose is a beautiful rose pink shade (its like the blush version of the 'Peony' lipstick) and it adds a beautiful natural glow to my cheeks - like I've been been outside in the cold and my skin looks flushed. It has what I'd describe as a 'satin' finish as it doesn't contain any shimmer but it isn't matte either - I'd probably describe it as a healthy sheen. Its also very easy to apply and due to the sheer formula snd there's no risk of looking like coco the clown if you're a bit heavy handed. As with all of these Liz Earle products, its absolutely fool proof and I think it would suit all skin tones!

Liz Earle Makeup Review 5.jpg
Liz Earle Makeup Review 6.jpg
Liz Earle Makeup Review Swatches.jpg

I have to say, I'm highly impressed with Liz Earle's makeup range and I'd love to try more of the products in different shades. I think they're very high quality, well presented and they do exactly what they promise. I've been using this combo of products none stop recently and I think they're all beautiful for the S/S months. If you want to freshen up for complexion for Spring, I can't recommend these products enough! I imagine I'll be getting lots of use out of them all over the next few months!

Have you tried Liz Earle makeup? Do you like the look of these products?

Lots of Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment