Monthly Favourites | June

Beauty Blog Monthly Favourites, Beauty Blog Monthly Favourites 2014, June Monthly Favourites, Monthly Beauty Favourites

I really can't believe we're now in July - its absoloute madness! I've been looking forward to my dad coming to visit from Australia all year and I can't believe its finally here and I'll get to see him on Friday after two whole years. Its really quite scary how quickly time goes! I'm also going to be another year older on Sunday as its my 24th birthday - I'm really looking forward to spending the weekend with all my family and friends!! 

I didn't publish a monthly favourites post last month as I was too busy getting ready for my holiday to Portugal and generally running around like a headless chicken. There also wasn't anything that had particuarly stood out to me and I found myself using the same products most of the time. I only really like to do these posts when there's a few new bits and bobs I've been trying and really enjoying - genuine favourites and not just something to fill a post, if that makes sense? Anyway, that's enough rambling from me, here's a run down of my June favourites ...

Vaseline Spray & Go | Link
This handy spray on moisturiser has been a god send to both me and my boyfriend since we returned from our holiday to Portugal. As I’m sure you’ve heard me mention in the past, I’m a bit lazy when it comes to moisturising my body but this solves that problem as its just so quick and easy to use. Spray, rub in the excess and I’m good to go. It sinks into the skin almost instantly and doesn’t leave any greasy residue behind so I can get dressed straight away after use. It also has the most beautiful scent and the Aloe Vera formula has helped my boyfriend and I prolong our holiday tans. I absolutely love this stuff and if you’re going away on holiday, its well worth buying!

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream | Link
I’ve already wrote a full review about this perfume here so I won’t say too much other than its been my fragrance of choice since receiving it at the start of June and its definitely one to go and sniff while your passing through duty free or when its released nationwide on the 15th July. Other than having the most stunning bottle I’ve ever seen it also has a beautiful delicate, fresh and feminine scent. Its definitely my go-to Summer fragrance!

RapidBrow Eyebrow Enhancing Serum | Link
When I first heard about RapidBrow, I have to say I was dubious. When it comes to brow and lash growth serums, I often think they’re a bit of a con and overpriced. However, that’s probably because when I’ve tried them in the past, I’ve never used them every day and night like you’re supposed to. Now don’t get me wrong, I still think some of them are complete rip offs but RapidBrow has seriously impressed me. I’ve been sticking to the ‘use it every morning and night rule’ for a good few weeks now and I’ve seen a huge difference in my brows. I started using this to help me grow in sparse areas towards the ends of my brows and its definitely helped me achieve that. It’s also made me grow hairs in places they’ve never grown before – even my boyfriend noticed my brows were getting a bit wild! I’m not going to say much more as I intend on doing an in depth review about this in the near future!



Benefit Dream Screen | Link
I was lucky enough to be sent Benefit’s whole skincare range recently and I’ve been really enjoying using all of the products (full review on the whole range coming soon) but the product I’ve been using most over the past month has definitely been their new sunscreen which is very cleverly named ‘Dream Screen’. I took this on holiday with me to protect my face as it has a high SPF of 45+ and it did the job wonderfully. My face didn’t get burnt at all and as well as protecting my skin, it’s also a fantastic daytime moisturiser and made my skin feel lovely and smooth. I loved using it as a moisturiser so much that I’m still using it now I’m home from my holiday as its light enough to be used as a base for makeup and it smells amazing which is always a bonus! I’d definitely recommend picking this up if you’re after a good quality high factor sunscreen that doubles up as a daily moisturiser!



Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara | Link
I’ve been absolutely loving this new mascara from Bourjois and think I may have actually found a mascara I’ll stay loyal to and repurchase. Considering I normally change my mascaras more than my underwear (okay, not quite – slight exaggeration), this is high praise indeed! It really lives up to its volume title as with only one coat this mascara makes my lashes look thick, full and fanned out. If you want to know why I love it in so much in a bit more detail, I actually did a full review here along with some rather impressive before and after photos. Definitely worth popping in your basket next time you’re in Boots!



Eucerin AQUAporin Active Moisturising Cream | Link
I’ve really been loving this Eucerin moisturiser recently as it’s so light and therefore great to wear under makeup but also really moisturising. I used this to moisturise on holiday after long days out in the sun and it made my skin feel very refreshed, soft and plump. It contains Gluco-Glycerol which has been shown to support the natural network of water in the skin and Aquaporin Active which allows essential moisture to be extensively distributed, even in the deeper epidermal skin layers. It’s a fab little moisturiser and great for those of you with combination or sensitive skin!

Rimmel Wake Me Up C0ncealer | Link (currently on sale as ASOS)
Rimmel’s Wake Me Up foundation is one of my favourites so I recently decided to give the concealer a whirl too after reading lots of good reviews about it. I got one of the lightest shades (I believe its ivory) as I like to use a shade or two lighter than my skin tone to brighten my under-eye area and help me achieve that much coveted Kim Kardashian highlight and contour. I’ve used so many drugstore concealers in the past and have always been disappointed (they’ve always been too thick/cakey or lacking in coverage) but this one is great – it has a medium coverage, creamy consistency and it brightens my dark circles nicely. I wouldn’t say it completely covers dark circles and I’m hoping to get the Bobbi Brown corrector to wear underneath this but for brightening, its perfect! 

Which products have you been loving lately? Have you tried any of these?

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment