My Bad Beauty Habits

My Bad Beauty Habits, Bad Beauty Habits, Bad Beauty Habits Blog Post
So as a beauty blogger you might expect that I completely follow the rulebook when it comes to beauty do's and don'ts but that couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, I've got one too many bad beauty habits that I need to change. Most of them come down to be being lazy and others are habits I've fallen into as ways of dealing with stress.I thought it would be fun to share a few of them with you guys as you might be able to relate to some or all of them yourselves. If not and you've got your beauty routine flawlessly mastered, you can just laugh at my downfalls instead. Enjoy!

Mascara Picking
This is probably my worst beauty habit and something that I get called up on all the time by my friends and family. If I'm bored, stressed or anxious, you'll find me picking my eyelashes like there's no tomorrow. I don't know why but I find picking bits of mascara off to be quite theraputic but in terms of beauty, its not a good look. Most days I end up with makeupless eyes thanks so all my picking and I've even pulled out clumps of eyelashes along with mascara in the past. Patchy eyelashes and panda eyes by 5pm - not a good look!

Nibbling at Nails 
Another habit of mine when I'm bored, stressed and anxious is to bite my nails and the skin around them. I know, gross right? Again, I don't know why I do this as I'd love to have long natural nails but when the urge to bite comes over me, I find it hard to stop. I've tried those hideous tasting nail polishes to deter my biting ways but I soon get used to them and am If I'm not biting, I'll be picking instead. Bad times!

Neglecting my body
I'm okay-ish when it comes to treating my face with expensive cleansers and moisturisers but my body is a totally different story. I'll be honest when I say - I don't remember the last time I moisturised my body with a body butter or gave it a good exfoliation. The most it gets is a quick wash and shave in the shower - pleasant thought for you all there! I don't know why I neglect my body so much but it needs to change - I'll only regret it when I'm older and have the face of a 40 year old and the body of a 60 year old. Eeek!

Lazy morning skincare
Notice how I said I'm 'okay-ish' when it comes to treating my face in my previous point? Well, the reason I wouldn't consider my skincare routine great is because I totally neglect it in the mornings. I always try my best to give it a nice treat before bed with a full cleanse, tone and moisturise (although even this slips on ocassion) but in the morning, I jump straight in the shower without giving my face a thorough cleanse. A quick swipe of micellar water and a blob of moisturiser is about all my face sees in the AM. I'm blaming this one of lack of time and tierdness but that's really no excuse - I just need to get my lazy ass out of bed earlier.

Touching my face

Okay so this is another one that comes down to me being stressed or anxious - have you noticed a reccuring theme yet? Damn you anxiety making me have all of these bad habits. So touching my face is a bit of a strange one but throughout the day I find myself resting my hand on my chin/cheek, rubbing my eyes or picking any blemishes I can find. This is bad because I'm basically trasferring a load of bacteria from my hands to my face and rubbing it around - I may as well welcome blemishes with open arms. Touching my face too much also means the foundation I applied in the morning has usually evaporated off my face by lunch time. I know - I'm painting such a beautiful picture of myself.

 
Lack of brush washing routine
Due to having a full time job, blog, home and social life to maintain - spending a good hour washing my collection of makeup brushes often falls pretty low on my priorities scale. I don't know about you but I find it the most tedious task and although I'd love to have a set sunday night brush washing schedule - I'd much rather plonk my bum on the sofa with a cup of tea and watch some crap reality show, if I'm totally honest. Don't get me wrong - I admire all you loyal brush washing ladies and wish I could muster the motivation to do it more often myself but alas, it would seem I'm too lazy. In all seriousness though, this does need to change. Going weeks without cleaning my brushes is just downright unacceptable and the amount of bacteria that must be festering on them after a wash free period isn't worth thinking about. I either need to stop being so lazy or buy some back-up brushes to use when I just really can't be bothered. Now there's a thought ....

Switching it up
As a beauty blogger I'm very lucky in the respect I get to try lots of fabulous products but one downfall of that is that my face often doesn't get chance to get used to a product before something else comes along and replaces it. If I stuck to the same products day in day out, I'd never be able to test things for product reviews but my skin would thank me for a bit of consistency. So do I stick to the same products for a few months at a time and have longer periods between product reviews or do I just continue as I am and let my skin think "what the hell's going on?". Tough one. If you have any tips for getting around this, I'd love to hear them!


I hope you enjoyed this fun little post and I'd love to see your own bad beauty habits if you fancy doing this post yourself! Can you relate to any of mine?


Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment