MAC Tag

I saw this Tag on another blog and I thought I'd do it myself as my first ever tag. As MAC is one of my most used and favourite beauty brands it seemed like an appropriate one for me to do so I hope you enjoy reading and feel free to do this Tag aswell .....


How long have you been using Mac?

I first started using MAC products around 2 years ago. My main Christmas present from my mum 2 years ago was a LOAD of MAC products. Since then.. It's safe to say the obsession has spiraled out of control.

What was your first Mac product?


I didn't have just one first as like I say, I got a selection of things for Christmas. Primer, foundation, powder, bronzer, highlighter, eye-shadow, lipstick and a lipgloss. The girl in MAC told me these were the 'basics' .. Pretty extreme and untrue looking back.


What is your favourite MAC product?

I'd have to say the Studio Fix Fluid foundation just because I use it every single day or Woodwinked eyeshadow.

What's your least favourite Mac product?

It would have to be the primer I tried once. 'Prep & Prime' I think it was called. I don't think it made any difference what-so-ever and it was really expensive.

Do you own a Pro Card?

I don't but I would love to own one.. I think you get discount anda larger range of products? Or am I making that up? 8).



Your Mac foundation shade:

I use the shade NC25 in the Studio Fix Fluid at the minute but I think it might be wrong so I'm going to go and get matched up again soon.

Eyeshadow: 

As I said before it would have to be Woodwinked but I also love Carbon as it is such a classic matte black that can be used with any make-up look to add definition and perfect for a Smokey Eye. I have to say a recent purchase and a new favourite would be Cranberry, as it looks gorgeous with blue eyes.

Lipstick:

I have 14 MAC Lipsticks now so it would be hard to choose a favourite. I love Girl About Town for a night out, a gorgeous deep purpley pink and I like Hue/Creme de Nude which are both nudes for an everyday look.

Lipgloss:

I like the Lipglass and Cremesheen lip glosses the most. My favourites would have to be Florabundance Lipglass and Boy Bait Cremesheen. Both nude/pale pink lipglosses that go with everything.

Liner:

I  use  Smolder black pencil eyeliner by MAC every day. I LOVE it and am currently on my seceond pencil of this. A lot of people say it smudges really easily as it's so creamy but I love the creaminess and don't find that it smudges on me at all.

Brush:

All time favourite brush from MAC has to be the 139 eye-shadow shader brush. I've done a review on this and it just works wonders. Great for packing on the colour. I haven't tried that many MAC brushes though to be fair so I will have to invest in some more and see what I think.

Nail Lacquer:

Never used MAC nail polish. I'd rather spend my money on the make-up from MAC and stick with OPI or drugstore nail polishes as there are so many good quality ones out there that aremuch cheaper than MAC.

Pro Product:

The only pro product I've ever bought are the pro palette refill eyeshadows to make my own palette with the 15-pan pro palette. I love this though as they are cheaper than the normal eyeshdows in the pot and you can keep them all together neat and tidy in a palette.

Comment on the following Mac product; Have you used them? If so, give feedback.

Prep + Prime Skin:

Yes, as I said before, disliked it.

Studio Sculpt Foundation:

Never used this. Read some pretty bad reviews so always steered clear of it.
Never used this either, for some reason I wouldn't feel right using a 'body foundation' .. That's just one step too far for me.


Mineralize Satin Finish:

Never used this either. I do quite like the look of it though so I may try it out in the future.

Studio Fix Fluid:

Yey! Studio Fix Fluid is my favourite foundation EVER! I know it can break a lot of people out and can be quite heavy butit works great for my skin. I have had no break-outs and I only need a small amount to get the coverage I need.

Studio Tech Foundation:

I have tried this and I didn't like it. I found it didn't have a brilliant coverage and almost looked patchy. It came with a naff sponge to apply it with and it dried out really quickly. I wouldn't recommend this.


Studio Fix Powder:

LOVE THIS! I use this powder along side my Studio Fix Fluid and it works wonders. It has a really nice smooth texture, applies to the skin lovely and I only need a dusting of it to get the effect I want.


Beauty Powder:

Never used these. Don't see the point? What do they actually do? I have used the Studio Careblend powder though and I HATED it. I think it's pretty similar to the beauty powders. Silly and Pointless.

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural:

Ahh good old MSF. These are absoloutely gorgeous. I have used a few of these in the shade 'Medium Plus' and need to actually buy myself a new one as I hit pan (yet again) ages ago and have just never got round to re-purchasing. That is the only problem with this beauty, they run out SO fast. They are in a domed shape pan so you don't get much product at all.

Mineralize Skin Finish:

Again, LOVE. I currently have two of these from the standard line. Soft & Gentle and Gold Deposit. I got Soft & Gentle 2 years ago and it only ran out about a week ago. SO worth the money. I just got Gold Deposit this Christmas as I fancied a change and had been eyeing it up for AGES. Hopefully I will love it just as much as my S&G.

Bronzing Powder:

I have used a fair few of these since I began using MAC. I have used the shades Refined Golden and Matte Bronze. I preferred the Matte Bronze as it was slightly darker and matched my skintone better. Although I do like these, I found NARS Laguna Bronzer about a year ago and it blows this out of the water. SO much nicer.


Powder Blush:

I'm not a blush person if I'm honest. I prefer the bronzed look with a nice highlight along the top of the cheekbones. I do have a few of the blushes but to be honest, they never get used. They just sit there barely touched so I've decided I'm not wasting my money on them anymore.


Blushcreme:

Again, bought one of these. Didn't like it, it looked patchy to me. Used it once and never used it again. Dislike.


Mineralize Blush:

Bought one of these once too in the shade Dainty and it was far too pale for my skin so I gave it to my friend. I do prefer these to the regular blushes though and I may be tempted to try a darker shade one day. They certainly look pretty. I love the marbled effect going through them and that they have a shimmer too them to add highlight.


Cream Color Base:

I have one of these too in the shade Hush. I do quite like this but again I barely ever touch it. I have decided I much prefer powder highlighters. I don't like doing my foundation then powder and powder bronzer then adding a cream over the top of it. I don't think it blends very well into my powder. The colour is gorgeous though and this is lovely placed along the collarbone.


Studio Sculpt Concealer:

Never tried it.


Select Cover Up Concealer:

I have used this and it's probably my favourite MAC concealer for under the eyes. It isn't too heavy and brightens dark circles nicely.

Studio Finish Concealer:

Always wanted to try it but never have. I am pretty lucky and don't suffer with blemishes and I think this is a really thick concealer that is used mainly for covering spots and not for under-eye circles.


Tinted Lip Conditioner:

Never used. Don't see the point. Why spend so much money on something that really is just the same as a tub of Vaseline?

Lipstick:

Love them. One of MAC's best products and my collection is growing nicely. My favourites are the ones I mentioned earlier on. 


Lipglass:

Florabundance. A lovely creamy beige colour that goes over any lipstick nicely.
Dazzleglass:

I find these a bit too sticky. I do love how glittery they are but going out in the wind when wearing one of these is a nightmare. Hair stuck to my lips. Not an attractive look. I do own a few of these though from Holiday Collection sets and thing and they are pretty.

Cremesheen Glass:

As I said earlier Boy Bait is my favourite cremesheen glass but I haven't tried many. It is a gorgeous baby pink colour.

Lip Gelee:

I got bought one of these as a present once and they are my least favourite type of lipgloss. I don't rate the packaging for the price of them either. Pretty cheap looking compared to the others and the range of colours isn't great.


Lip Pencil:

Again, only tried these when I have received them in Holiday Collection sets. They seem OK, as nice as a Lip Liner can be but I have used cheaper branded liners and the MAC ones don't seem any better in comparison and I would never spend my money on a full size one.


Nail Lacquer:

Don't see the point in spending so much money on MAC when there are cheaper versions from brands like GOSH, Barry M or Models Own.

Shadestick:

Never used these. Probably won't ever try one of these either. They've just never appealed to me.

Pigment:

Only tried a glitter pigment from MAC which was rubbish but I do really want to try the Vanilla pigment as I've heard great things about it.


Eye Kohl:

Smolder eye pencil. My fave. Use it every day.


Fluidline:

Not tried it. I was deciding between this and Bobbi Brown's gel liner and opted for Bobbi Brown over the MAC. Upto now I don't really like the Bobbi so I may have to try the Fluidline.

Liquid Last Liner:

Never tried.

Lustre Drops:

Never tried them. They do look gorgeous for giving the body a glow but they are far too over-priced and a lot of drugstore products do the same job.



False Lashes:

I'm not a fan of the MAC eyelashes. EYELURE for me all the way.



ProLash Mascara, Zoom Lash Mascara, Plush Lash Mascara, Dazzle Lash Mascara:

I think I tried the Zoom Lash mascara once and I didn't actually mind it. It gets a lot of bad reviews but it isn't too bad. I don't really see the point in buying high-end mascaras though when there are so many good ones for half the price by cheaper brands like Loreal, Maybelline and Rimmel.

What has been your favourite Mac collection to date?

I have only ever purchased from three collections. A Tartan Tale last Christmas, Wonderwoman in the summer and Glitter & Ice this Christmas. My favourite Holiday Collection product would have to be the A Tartan Tale eyeshadow palette I got as I use it all the time. It was my least favourite packaged collection though, I'm not into Tartan. I love the white packaging of the new Glitter & Ice collection though.

Which of the MAC collections have you found disappointing?

I've enjoyed using all products from the collections I've owned so far.

What products do you think Mac are missing?

I can't think of anything. I think they cover it all. They have a HUGE amount of products.

Hope you enjoyed reading this TAG and if any of you would like to do the same one, please link it in the comments below so I can have a read! I love reading what other people think!!

Lots of Love, Kayleigh..

xXx.



No comments:

Post a Comment