Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub


Hello lovely blogger ladies. I just wanted to quickly share a recent purchase of mine with you all. I bought this Lip Scrub from Lush yesterday after lusting over it for quite some time. Now you may be shocked by this but this is actually one of my first purchases from Lush. Yes I realise this is a sin in beauty blogger land but it just doesn't appeal to me. I mean don't get me wrong, I like to smell nice just as much as the next person but I'm never tempted to go and spend lots of money at Lush. From what I have seen in the past, I find their products slightly overpriced and I would much rather buy makeup and clothes over bath and body products. Thats just me though, so don't get mad at me if your a Lush lover (I know theres lots of you out there). However, I made an exception yesterday and bought this lovely little lip scrub. I suffer with pretty dry lips and recently they have got worse. It must be due to my horrendous cold but either way, I needed a quick fix to get my lips looking healthy again. Flakey, dry, chapped lips are not attractive. To solve this problem, I usually use the old scrubbing a toothbrush along my lips trick, which works excellently but it sometimes hurts so I needed a more lip friendly and convenient alternative.
I've seen a few people post about this little scrub before and I always thought the little pots looked cute. The one thing I do like about Lush, is their quirky packaging but I try not to let that suck me into the hype. As this little pot of loveliness was only £4.95, I didn't mind parting with some money for it and made a very rare trip into Lush. There were a few options in the shop so I had a whiff of them all and Bubblegum came up trumps. This stuff seriously smells gorgeous. It was also the bright pink option, ideal for a pink loving girly girl like me. If you like sweet smells/tastes, you will love this. I thought this would be lovely to slather over my lips and much more pleasing that a dry old toothbrush.
I used this today and I have to say, I love it. It does exactly what it says on the tub. It is a sugar formula, meaning the grains help remove any dry skin. After using this, my lips have never felt softer. Also, it tastes amazing. It certainly lives up to its name of being 'lush'. Overall, I know I am going to enjoy using this and will have lovely soft lips in the process. It will be great to use before I apply lipstick so it doesn't stick to any unsightly dry skin.

Have any of you tried the lip scrubs? What do you think of Lush in general? 
Should I try more of their products or do you agree that they are slightly 'over-hyped'?

Lots of Love,











No comments:

Post a Comment