My Current Dressing Table/Set-up


Hey Everyone! I have just logged into my account to find a post I spent about two hours writing last night and hasn't saved. Brilliant. I wrote it at a ridiculously late time so I thought, I'll save it and publish it in the morning. Anyway, no point in moaning - I'm just going to have to start from scratch. The post I wrote was about my Dressing table/Set-up, so basically the place I would get ready in a morning and where I stash all of my beauty products. I don't know if it's just me but I love seeing these type of posts. Maybe I'm just a nosy Parker but I love seeing how people organise their beauty products, especially us makeup mad ladies. I think nice storage can make using makeup much more pleasurable. Also, as I'm going to Australia for five months in less than two weeks, I wanted to get this post done before I go away.
The dressing table I'm currently using is from Argos and it came with the leather stool and mirror pictured above. I chose the colour black as I figured it would be the easiest colour to keep clean when dealing with messy makeup. It also fits in with the black, grey and silver 'Boudiour' scheme of my bedroom. To be honest, I'm not particularly happy with my dressing table. The problem I have is that it only has one drawer and is generally not big enough. I mean its fine for now but in an ideal world I'd like to have a large dressing table with more than one drawer so I can start storing my makeup in them. You know like those girls on Youtube with drawer after drawer of neatly organised products? Yes, this is what I would like one day but for now I'll just have to dream as I'm not made of money. By the side of my dressing table, I have a large free standing lamp that I use when doing my make-up. As you can see, on the left-hand side of my dressing table I keep my Muji acrylic drawers. Don't get me wrong, I love how they display my makeup but I have already filled six drawers to the brim. When I ordered them, it wasn't until I saw them in person that I realised how shallow they are. They are fine for now as most of my makeup fits but I know they won't be ideal when my collection grows. On top of my Muji drawers, I keep all of my day to day products. This includes my Liz Earle skincare, random hair products and my MAC brush cleanser. I like to keep those on top because they look pretty and are easy to grab when I'm in a rush. Next to the drawers, I keep my brushes in a cream mosaic pot from TKMAXX. Again, I'm not a fan of this and I eventually want to get an acrylic pot to match the Muji drawers. 
On the right-hand side of the dressing table, I keep all of my perfumes and some cotton pads which I obviously use on a daily basis. As the dressing table is quite small, I try to keep only my essentials on display and everything else in the drawer. I'd love to have lots of pretty storage on display, hence the reason I don't like my current set up. I can't wait to get a dressing table with lots of space.
Moving on to the drawer, this is where I keep all of my fake tan, hair care, hair brushes, body lotions and so on. To keep it somewhat organised I have used my old glossyboxes to separate the products into sections. I''d definitely recommend this if you still have your old bloxes. I also keep my palettes in this drawer.
So thats the dressing table covered. I have a pretty straight forward set-up, nothing too fancy but I like to keep things fairly simple with everything in its place. I keep any extra makeup that doesn't fit in the Muji drawers, in the black and white box pictured above. I used to store all of my makeup in this but it was far too hard to find anything in a morning. Now I tend to keep products I don't use as much in there. This box just slides under my dressing table which is quite handy. As well as this box, I also keep a set of three wicker baskets under the table. In the bottom basket I keep all of my bangles, in the middle basket I keep my velcro rollers and in the top basket I keep my hair extensions. As you can see in the picture, I have them dangling over the edge as this prevents them from getting tangled and damaged.

So there we have it, this is where I currently do my makeup. It isn't perfect, but it could be worse. Sorry for how long this post is but I wanted to explain where I keep everything in a bit more details. If any of you do this post, I'd love to see what your set up looks like.
I hope everyone is having a lovely day, I'm full of cold. Not impressed.

Lots of Love,







No comments:

Post a Comment