March Glossybox - The Harrods Edition


Hey beautiful people! I know this is completely over-due and most of you have probably already read a million reviews on the Harrods Glossybox, but I wanted to give you my thoughts anyway. I've been visiting family in the Lake District for the past week so I couldn't get my hands on my Glossybox until I got back to Newcastle yesterday.
Of course, being the beauty blogger that I am, I ripped into my Glossybox and took some pictures for you all to see straight away.
This months box is 'The Harrods Edition' meaning all of the items are from the Harrods cosmetics hall. It all sounded very exciting and I was expecting BIG things after my disappointment with last months offerings. This months box is black and white instead of the standard pale pink and brown box. I think this colour scheme is my favourite so far. It is very chic looking and I loved the green 'Harrods' ribbon/black paper combo securing all the products together. Anyway, moving on to the product inside the box.


Narciso Rodriguez For her Eua De Parfum - Its always nice to try a new perfume but for me this isn't something I'm impressed with in a beauty box claiming to provide us with '5 luxury products' each month. In my opinion, this is something anyone could get for free if they went into a department store and asked for a perfume sample. I just feel a bit cheated with this product, and it doesn't even smell nice. Far too floral for me, but that's just my personal opinion. 


Molton Brown Heavenly Ginger Lily Moisture bath & shower - Again, I'm afraid I was disappointed with this product too. Don't get me wrong, it smells absolutely lovely and I know Molton & Brown are a great brand but my first thought when opening the box was 'not another shower gel'. I think I have received one in every single box I've got so far and currently have a collection of mini shower gels gathering at the end of my bath. Great for people who love bath and shower products, but for me I think there are far more interesting products out there. This is also the largest product in this months box at 50ml.


YSL - Forever Youth Liberator - I was quite excited when I saw this product as obviously YSL is a very high-end brand. Put it this way, a 50ml bottle of this on the YSL website costs £80.00. Anyway, as I had a closer look I realised this is an anti-ageing products. Now, I'm only 21 so I obviously don't need to use anti-ageing products. Surely Glossybox know their target audience is mainly young people and would want to provide us with something slightly more 'age-appropriate'? Even though this product is obviously for older people, I am still going to give it ago as you can't start the anti-ageing process too early right?


Burberry Beauty - Miniature Lip Mist Copper No202 - I was definitely the most excited about this product. I mean, how cute is this miniature lipstick? I also LOVE the packaging, so chic and stylish. To be honest, I didn't even know Burberry has a make-up range so it was nice to discover something new. Seeing make-up products in my Glossybox makes me happy, as for me, that's the reason I signed up. As much as I enjoy skincare, haircare and fragrance, I get much more joy from beauty products. The colour I received was 'Copper No202' which is a lovely nude 'copper' shade. I have tried this on and it is a lovely colour, moisturising on the lips, almost like a like balm and it tastes amazing. Yes, I did say tastes. I put this on my lips and a few minutes later I could taste parma violets. You know those purple sweets? This tastes exactly like those. Yummy. This will also be fab to take in my hand-luggage when I go to Australia next month. It is the perfect size for on the go touch-ups. I would definitely buy a full size version of this if it wasn't for the £22.50 price tag. *sobs*.


Clarins - Extra-Firming Body Cream - I have tried Clarins products in the past and they are lovely so I was happy to see a product from this brand. However, when I noticed it was a body cream, I was slightly disappointed. For me, I just never use body creams. I have tried to get into the habit of moisturising my body but I can just never be bothered. I find it too much of a faff, much like fake-tanning. I am definitely going to give it ago though as it would be a waste otherwise. It does smell absolutely gorgeous so I'm sure I will enjoy slathering my body with it. I also noticed that this product is also aimed at an older audience. On the leaflet Glossybox provides with a list of the products, it says 'for firmer skin and a younger looking body'. I don't know why Glossybox went mad with the anti-ageing products this month. Strange.

So there we have it, my thoughts on this months Glossybox. I'd just like to say, all opinions are personal to me. I realise other people may love the products I was disappointed with. I like to give you all an honest opinion so I hope you didn't take offence by anything I said. As I am going to Australia next month, Aprils box will be my last before I cancel my subscription. I hope they pull something good out of the bag.

What did you think of this months Glossybox? Do you like the look of any of the produts?

Lots of Love,

Kayleigh..

xXx.










No comments:

Post a Comment