My New Favourite Dress - Republic Aztec Maxi



Hey Lovelies. While I was at home last week, I was trawling through every clothing website going in the hope of finding some lovely new summer items to spice up my drab winter wardrobe. As you all probably know by now, I go to Australia next month so this has made me want to buy summery clothes even more than I already did. Whilst looking on the Republic website, this Crafted Mullet Maxi Dress really caught my eye. It is short and the front and gradually gets longer at the back. It has cute rope straps that cross over at the back, with a matching rope belt around the waist. I have seen a lot of dresses/skirts in this style at the moment and I think it is such a pretty trend. I am also a huge fan of Aztec/Tribal print so throw the two together and it's a must-have in my Summer wardrobe.
Anyway, I hesitated for a while as I am massively skint but as soon as I clicked off the website, I couldn't stop thinking about it and kept toying with the idea of buying it. I always try and justify my spends so I kept telling myself 'just get it, it will look perfect in Oz'. I dithered around for a few more days and when I returned to Newcastle I showed my boyfriend it to get his opinion. Straight away, he said he loved it and that he'd buy me it. I was over the moon as it was a very unexpected treat. Obviously, I jumped at the chance and popped the dress into my online shopping bag with no hesitation. To be honest, I know I would of bought it no matter what, but not having to spend my own money on it was a brucey bonus.
The dress arrived today, three days after ordering, which was pretty quick. When I opened the parcel it was love at first sight and before I even tried it on, I knew it was going to fit and look absolutely lovely. I am so glad I ordered this dress, it is gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of maxi dresses as they are easy to throw on and create the perfect summer look. I believe you can look effortlessly stylish in a maxi dress. Plus, they can be dressed up or down which is an added bonus. I love items that are versatile and maxi dresses are definitely one of them items. In the pictures above, I quickly threw on my New Look tan wedges which I think work well for a casual look. I would pair it with sandals and some chunky wooden bangles for day wear. For an evening look, I would swap the black rope belt for a thin tan waist belt and my super high tan Kurt Geiger heels. Jewellery wise, I would probably go for gold bangles and a chunky ring. I can think of so many ways I would wear this and I'm sure it will feature in plenty of OOTD and OOTN posts while I'm in Australia.
This dress cost £36.00 which I think is very reasonable for a dress I know I will get a lot of wear out of. It is still available of the Republic website here if any of you love it as much as I do and would like to snap it up. I would love to get another dress and a skirt in this style before I go away. I have my eye on a few from River Island and Missguided and It is definitely a trend I can see myself wearing a lot in the summer months.

Do you like this new take on a maxi dress? Do you have your eye on anything similair?
Also, I have just put a few things on my Ebay page so if any of you are interested, feel free to have a look here.


I hope everyone is having a lovely Thursday. I've come down with a horrible cold so Im going to snuggle on the sofa watching Mary's Bottom Line and Celebrity Juice with a cup of tea. On a brighter note, I won a Missguided dress on Twitter today. I never win anything so it was a lovely surprise when they tweeted me saying I'd won their style comp. 

Lots of Love,








No comments:

Post a Comment