Real Techniques Core Collection

L-R Detailer Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Contour Brush & Buffing Brush

Hey Beauties! If any of you read my 'New Brushes' post, you will know that I recently ordered myself some Real Techniques brushes from online beauty website, Love Makeup. Most of you will of probably heard of these brushes by now as Bloggers all over the Bloggersphere have been blogging about them. (What a mouthful). However, just incase you haven't heard of them they are created by Samantha Chapman, one half of the infamous 'Pixiwoo' beauty gurus on youtube. When I heard about these and saw all the blog posts, I just had to get my hands on them and test them out for myself.
As I have been using them for a good few weeks now, I feel I have used them enough to give an accurate and thorough review. This specific set, the 'Core Collection' cost me £20.99 and is a selection of face brushes. There are two other sets available from the Love Makeup website, including a Starter Kit and Travel Kit. As well as these sets, you can also buy individual brushes priced at £10.99. 
I decided to go for the Core Collection kit as it comes with four brushes I could see myself getting the most use out of. The kit includes a Detailer, Pointed Foundation, Contour and Buffer brush. I specifically had my eye on the Buffer and Contour as I thought they looked perfect for my powder and bronzer.

As I said, I have been using them for a while now and so far I love them. These really are great quality brushes and exceptional value for money. Since parting with my £20.99, I have reached for them whilst getting ready almost every day. The two I use most are the Buffing and Contour but as I was mainly buying the kit for those two anyway, the other two brushes included were just a nice bonus. I use the Buffer brush mainly for my powder but I sometimes use it for blush too. I hear it is also great for foundation, but I am yet to give that a go. As for the Contour, I use it for it's main purpose, contouring. I swirl this in my NARS Laguna and apply it underneath my cheekbones. As it has quite a small head (if that's the correct term) you can create a precise and strong contour which I love. 
As for the Pointed Foundation and Detailer brush, unfortunately they have been neglected. It's not because I don't like them, I just don't find myself having any use for them. One thing I will say is that these brushes are a lot smaller in reality than they look on pictures. Even on my own pictures above, they look larger than they actually are. The foundation brush, in my opinion, is nowhere near big enough for foundation application. I think I would be sat applying my foundation all day if I were to use that. I have used it a few times but for concealer under my eyes instead which I think is a more appropriate way use it. As for the detailer brush, it is so teeny tiny, I really don't know what to use it for. If you have any suggestions, please let me know in the comments.
As for the quality of these brushes, they are fab. They aren't harsh on the skin, they haven't shed at all and they have remained amazingly soft. Overall, I absolutely love them and I am planning on getting some more of the individual brushes. I believe they are currently included in the 3 for 2 offer at Boots, a perfect excuse for me to go and get a few more I say.

Have you tried the Real Techniques brushes? What do you think? Would you recommend any?

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend! I'm hungover and feeling sorry for myself but I'm sure Britain's Got Talent, Take Me Out and The Voice will make me feel much better. What a great night of reality TV.

Lots of Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment